Need a k of 308 bullets

Guest Traumaslave

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Traumaslave

Shooting out of a PTR91/HK G3 clone, .308. Mainly plinking target practice. Wouldn't shoot a match with them but, would like to hold 1.5 MOA with them.

Guest onefastgun45

I've got a HK91 and have reloaded and shot thousands of rounds of reloads I constructed with pulled bullets. as with any reloading component, inspect each one thouroughly prior to using

I've got a HK91 and have reloaded and shot thousands of rounds of reloads I constructed with pulled bullets. as with any reloading component, inspect each one thouroughly prior to using

yes, but he said 1.5" groups, how do you control group size when there is no way of knowing how damaged the pulled bullets really are. I have a batch of .224 62 FMJ's that was shooting 4-5" from a 1.25" AR. I ran then thru a Lee .224 sizer and got them down to 2-3" but still get flyers. So I am saving the rest for rock busting.

Guest Mugster

1.5" 5 shot groups out of a self loader can be hard to get depending on how you measure and how many shots you shoot. I think you're going to need alot better. For that, I'd go with a sierra matchking or a FBHP varmint bullet like a speer 125gr or a 130gr (or really any of the big makers like sierra with a smaller fbhp). I've had good luck with the 130's, but the 125's come in a 500 bullet value pack. Probably shoot about the same is my guess, the 130's are a bit tougher bullet. They work ok in ar-10 style rifles, occasionally one hangs on the ramp. It doesn't happen enough to get me too excited or look to switch bullets.

Guest FroggyOne2

It used to be that they were 147's, but that is why you find them on the market now.. they are not in current production..

A international palma rifle shoots a 155gr bullet.. required twist is a 1-13" twist.

Guest Mugster

Yeah, I have a 1 in 10 twist and pretty small bullets work well in mine (125-130gr). And 45/50gr bullets work pretty good in my 1 in 9 twist ar's.

As long as you have enough twist to stabilize whatever length of bullet you got, should be good. It may have something to do with accuracy, but, just using good bullets and trying different bullet types is much more important. A good flat base hp is pretty hard to beat across the board. I've had real good luck with them in every caliber I've tried.