Carry in Carmike Cinemas Hickory 8 ? (Antioch)

So I hear that Carmike Movies in Antioch will now be $1.50 for slightly "older" releases (5-6 weeks after release).

It's in a seedy part of town - does anyone know if you can carry there?

(it's not exactly in the mall so I wonder if it's ok - or are there blatant signs)

Thanks!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Moody

You are not allowed to Carry in any Carmike Cinemas (I used to be a manager there from 1998-2002). With that being said - I carry near/around and IN that mall, as well as to that threatre, if I'm forced to go there. There's not a day that I don't think about carrying in Antioch/Hickory Hollow areas, and carry my gun with me, regardless of posted "No Firearms" signs. I've seen too many times what happens in the parking lots of that mall, and I won't have it happen to me or to anyone whom I love/care about.

You are not allowed to Carry in any Carmike Cinemas (I used to be a manager there from 1998-2002). With that being said - I carry near/around and IN that mall, as well as to that threatre, if I'm forced to go there. There's not a day that I don't think about carrying in Antioch/Hickory Hollow areas, and carry my gun with me, regardless of posted "No Firearms" signs. I've seen too many times what happens in the parking lots of that mall, and I won't have it happen to me or to anyone whom I love/care about.

I believe you meant to say, you've never noticed any anti-carry signage at any of those places, right? :koolaid:

- OS

If its Hickory Hollow area Id be carrying regardless. Keep it concealed & you wont have any problems.

It it's illegal to carry in the theater, you will have problems if you are caught with it.

Guest Hyaloid

Is it properly posted?

Then, yes technically you are breaking the 'law' by carrying there. What are the consequences if you get 'caught'? Not much, unless you refuse to leave. Then the po-po is not going to be happy.

If not, then carry away.

If it's posted properly, spend the extra money and go elsewhere. Besides, if you bought an extra box of ammo with your 'savings', you very well may need it to get out of there alive apparently, so you'd really just be breaking even and have alot of paperwork to fill out to boot. :drool:

Guest eyebedam
It it's illegal to carry in the theater, you will have problems if you are caught with it.

First off I won't go there to begin with but if I absolutly had to.

I would carry my xd-m iwb fully loaded to the max with 1 in the chamber.

I'd wear a extra long white t untucked with my baggy jeans & timberlands so

I'd fit in with the movie going crowd. I'd much rather deal with the being caught with it than without in this area of town. I worked at the liquor store right by the theater part time off & on for about 10 years. This area has

Gone to hell.

There's no need for me to worry though because I wouldn't put myself anywhere near the place. If I'm going to a movie I'm going to providence. It's about 5 minutes down the road from me.

I see those "no weapons allowed" signs on the entrance to Hickory Hollow mall when im forced to go in there, but i wouldnt ever step foot in there without a weapon.

Whats the worst that will happen if you get caught with a weapon there? A trespassing charge? They'll ask you to leave?

It's in a seedy part of town - does anyone know if you can carry there?

I would live by the motto that "if it is unseen it is not there"

Or that other motto, "don't go places where you feel you have to have a gun"

I see those "no weapons allowed" signs on the entrance to Hickory Hollow mall when im forced to go in there, but i wouldnt ever step foot in there without a weapon.

Whats the worst that will happen if you get caught with a weapon there? A trespassing charge? They'll ask you to leave?

You wouldn't have to refuse to leave to be charged under the statute.

Worst is $500 fine and a Class B misdemeanor on your record. I guess the charge would be carrying weapon on posted property or some such.

Never seen incidence of one posted anywhere, though, so must be rare or non-existent.

Certainly, if you made a big scene with LEO you could certainly be charged with other stuff, too.

- OS

Guest Hyaloid
Proper signage is the key to prosecuteion...

Thats all Im saying...

Agreed.

Proper in location, visibility and verbiage.... and even then, there's always the 'blind man' defense with appropriate genuflection. :wave:

Proper signage is the key to prosecuteion...

Thats all Im saying...

Agreed.

Proper in location, visibility and verbiage.... and even then, there's always the 'blind man' defense with appropriate genuflection. :usa:

Thanks guys, i honestly wasnt aware of what they could do legally so it was more of a question.

I avoid going to Hickory Hollow at all costs anyway.

Guest db99wj
Agreed.

Proper in location, visibility and verbiage.... and even then, there's always the 'blind man' defense with appropriate genuflection. :usa:

What sign? Oh, dang, I didn't see it, I was trying to figure out which movie I wanted to spend my money on and decide how much food and drink I wanted to buy, never saw that sign.

I go to the Carmike Cinemas in Murfreesboro alot and ive never saw any signs mentioning anything about firearms, maybe im blind. I'll actively look for it next time I go.

Oh, and I wouldn't go to Hickory Hollow mall and I live in Memphis!!! :usa::P:p

OH YEAH?!?!? Well I live around Nashville and i wouldnt go to a theatre in Orange Mound! :cool:

Guest db99wj
OH YEAH?!?!? Well I live around Nashville and i wouldnt go to a theatre in Orange Mound! :cool:

I was there last week, go early in the morning, they be still sleeping.:usa:

Guest archerdr1

that reminds me of a question, The movie theater up here has a sign on the door that reads something like "weapons are prohibited from this building and the premesis" It is also at the Hamilton Place Mall. So, if I am doing errands around town and am carrying and decide to go to the mall or a movie... do I have to go home and disarm first?

Guest db99wj
that reminds me of a question, The movie theater up here has a sign on the door that reads something like "weapons are prohibited from this building and the premesis" It is also at the Hamilton Place Mall. So, if I am doing errands around town and am carrying and decide to go to the mall or a movie... do I have to go home and disarm first?

The sign has to state certain things in order for it to be legal, the gun with the circle and slash, the "no guns allowed" etc do not meet the legal requirements. Fallguy will be along shortly and post the regulation.:D Going to bed.;

Hamilton Place Mall: go in through Sears or other anchor store. No signs.

- OS