The House has convined for the morning.

Hopefully

4. *HB0254 by *Casada, *Fincher, *Moore, *Evans. (SB0554 by *Norris.)

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, deletes requirement that the purchaser of a firearm give a thumbprint as part of background check process and that the TBI furnish thumbprint cards and pads to firearm dealers. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13.

The Abstract summarizes HB0254 as introduced.

will pass

I will watch it and post when it does.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

there are 2 firearms bills today

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, deletes requirement that the purchaser of a firearm give a thumbprint as part of background check process and that the TBI furnish thumbprint cards and pads to firearm dealers. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13.

3. *HB0411 by *Pitts, *Bass. (SB0383 by *Barnes.)

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, creates Class A misdemeanor offense of attempting to buy firearm when prohibited by law from possessing firearm and attempting or selling firearm to person known to be prohibited by law from possessing firearm. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13.

The Abstract summarizes HB0411 as introduced.

as usuall the senate has nothing gun related on their plate.

3. *HB0411 by *Pitts, *Bass. (SB0383 by *Barnes.)

Firearms and Ammunition - As introduced, creates Class A misdemeanor offense of attempting to buy firearm when prohibited by law from possessing firearm and attempting or selling firearm to person known to be prohibited by law from possessing firearm. - Amends TCA Title 39, Chapter 17, Part 13.

The Abstract summarizes HB0411 as introduced.

rolled 1 week

Nafiea is currently giving them a hard time

Passed but Nafiea has to get a smart ass remark in before it did.

1 amendment to delete all fingerprints currently on file got tabled.

PASSED the house

Glad I didn't watch it...lol Sontany and Camper in the committee and sub-committee get me fired up enough without watching Naifeah on the house floor.

Guess it is just hard for him to realize he isn't the end-all-be-all decision maker anymore....

Guest KWW67
Naifeia throwing a tizzy saying the bill should have gone back to finance because there was no fiscal note attached to the bill.

Wah. Big cry baby is a waste of taxpayer money.

Guest Seminole
Passed but Nafiea has to get a smart ass remark
There's a surprise. . . . :)

Thanks for keeping keeping those of us who can't watch the proceedings personally informed with your updates. It is much appreciated.

Edited by Seminole
fixed spelling

After watching the video of this in the archive it seems to me there is a lot of pent up anger on the part of some people regarding this thumb print bill. Its obvious that Naifeh doesn't like his new role as just another representative with no power to control things.

And did you notice that last jab at Kent Williams about how the bill should have went back to Finance since there was no fiscal note attached to the bill.

After all was said and done, the bill passed with a pretty big margin. I hope this is indicative of how the rest of them are going to go.

Guest GLOCKGUY
After watching the video of this in the archive it seems to me there is a lot of pent up anger on the part of some people regarding this thumb print bill. Its obvious that Naifeh doesn't like his new role as just another representative with no power to control things.

And did you notice that last jab at Kent Williams about how the bill should have went back to Finance since there was no fiscal note attached to the bill.

After all was said and done, the bill passed with a pretty big margin. I hope this is indicative of how the rest of them are going to go.

Do you or anybody else have the link to the archive?

I tried Fallguy's link and couldn't get it either.

Here is the link I watched it on.

http://tnga.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=559

Scroll down under the video screen until you come to HB0254 and then click on it. It will take you right to the fireworks.

Sorry...I actually just posted it out of the TFA e-mail I got.

I know I should watch it....but just not in the mood to take any Nafieh right now...lol

I like your link. Nafaei looks pissed that his "house boy" is not following his rules.
I read the other day Kent Williams was allowed by the house republicans to caucus with them. Maybe he has screwed Naifeh like he did the repubs.