"The Call" didnt work for my wife today

Guest johnmattwill

Guest johnmattwill

It's sure not a guarantee.... My wife called today going on 4 weeks when she was app'ed and fingerprinted..... The lady on the phone was nice and told her, "It was just Feb when you applied, it can take up to 90 to 120 days to actually process your app. Sorry" and hung up on her........ :cool:

I was hoping that everything was back and they would issue it for her today...

The wait for her continues...........................................................

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kingtone

i kinda feel bad for the poor people on the end of 'the call'.

There is a major rise in HCP applications and they are probably working ultra hard to get through them.. then people call only 1/3rd into the time that they say the application could take.. thus delaying them even further.

im waiting on mine too... but i will just let it come when it comes. My friend got his in 30 days without 'the call'... so if it takes longer.. it takes longer. i actually personally dont think calling them speeds it up at all. i just think the average time is only 30 days. but they give you 90 to be safe.

Guest eyebedam
i kinda feel bad for the poor people on the end of 'the call'.

There is a major rise in HCP applications and they are probably working ultra hard to get through them.. then people call only 1/3rd into the time that they say the application could take.. thus delaying them even further.

im waiting on mine too... but i will just let it come when it comes. My friend got his in 30 days without 'the call'... so if it takes longer.. it takes longer. i actually personally dont think calling them speeds it up at all. i just think the average time is only 30 days. but they give you 90 to be safe.

Hmmm interesting. I'm gonna wait for Oh Shoot to respond.

Guest bkelm18
It's sure not a guarantee.... My wife called today going on 4 weeks when she was app'ed and fingerprinted..... The lady on the phone was nice and told her, "It was just Feb when you applied, it can take up to 90 to 120 days to actually process your app. Sorry" and hung up on her........ :up:

I was hoping that everything was back and they would issue it for her today...

The wait for her continues...........................................................

Call back tomorrow. You'll probably get a different person and hopefully a better response.

Guest dtandy

To give you a point of reference, I applied on January 26 and received my HCP on March 7. So, I think that's about 40 days total. I was expecting longer.

Guest Jcochran88
I got fingerprinted Nov 25th, got my permit March 10th

Wow! I got printed on the Nov. 21 called on Dec. 17 got permit on Dec. 22.

Guest HexHead

You guys kill me. The state has (and tells you so) 90 days to issue the permit and you're on the phone with them after 3 weeks?

Last year, my wife's permit took 92 days for her to receive it and my renewal didn't come for five months. They had to send me two extension letters. My renewal date is now in July instead of May, and I'd sent my paperwork in Feb.

Guest Bluemax

I got fingerprinted on 7/15/2008 and recieved my permit on 9/26. Called twice, got same bored sounding person both times, didn't help

Guest Rem_700
You guys kill me. The state has (and tells you so) 90 days to issue the permit and you're on the phone with them after 3 weeks?

Last year, my wife's permit took 92 days for her to receive it and my renewal didn't come for five months. They had to send me two extension letters. My renewal date is now in July instead of May, and I'd sent my paperwork in Feb.

If they can get one person's permit done in 30 days,then they can get them all done in 30 days.There is no reason it should take any longer than 30 days.I mean all they are doing is punching out social security numbers in a computer and checking our criminal history.

Honestly this problem is either because of an incompetent instructor not informing you that the state has 90 days by law to issue the permit, or maybe someone wasnt paying attention in class... who knows. We stress this several times in our classes just so this sort of thing wont happen.

All I do know is they have 90 days by law to get the permit to you, if you call and bug them ... you will get it in 89 days. If you leave them alone and let them do their job, most get it allot sooner.

Just a friendly FYI...

Edited by GLOCKMEISTER
If they can get one person's permit done in 30 days,then they can get them all done in 30 days.There is no reason it should take any longer than 30 days.I mean all they are doing is punching out social security numbers in a computer and checking our criminal history.

What you guys dont understand is the HCP Dept. budget is nill... and the staff has been depleted. If people are calling all day long... that takes a person away from doing query's to just sit and answer the phone.

Btw.. if you have a common name the computer ck will take longer, plus they do wait on the finger prints to come back from locals and the state... they then issue the permit, even though they probably havent heard back from the FBI yet. If the FBI prints come back with a hit, they pull the permit and you will get a letter. So honestly, with the hoops they are jumping thru they arent doing a bad job.

They arent perfect down there, and they could be a whole lot better... but it sure beats what was going on back in 94-95. Back then some folks couldnt get a permit at all or waited over a year to get it.

...All I do know is they have 90 days by law to get the permit to you, if you call and bug them ... you will get it in 89 days. If you leave them alone and let them do their job, most get it allot sooner. ...

Well, no dog in this fight now, but the many many reports of folks calling and getting it issued immediately absolutely contradicts that. Seems pretty obvious that for some time now, MOST of the time, a phone call after 30 days or so, is quite NECESSARY to put you at the top of the heap.

- OS

just as many call and get it later too. Its called "pizzing off the man"... and yes it happens with Govt. employees. Many of people have gotten bottom stacked for bugging the crap out of them. I've been watching it happen with that particular Dept. for 15 years.

Edited by GLOCKMEISTER

people need to be patiant....

The LAW says they have 90 days, so whats the problem with waiting. Most have waited years to get it anyway, now all the sudden they cant wait anymore???

Hey it took me 90 days to just get my renewal this last time... Some times you just have to wait.