How would carrying help here!

Guest Rando

Guest Rando

OK my dad is headed to work around 10:00 pm there is a big curve at the end of our road on the main highway,as he comes up to the hwy. a car comes barreling down the hill misses the curve and crashes in the creek along side the road. My dad calls 911 and reports the accident gets out to check on the people in the car, turns out to be two young guys both well dressed and clean cut. They both seem fine so he helps them out and they tell him not to call the cops they have been drinking and dont want the trouble. He tells them he has already called so they asked to be taken somewhere close and he feels kinda sorry for them and agrees. He puts them in the back of his car but just as he gets in the first cruiser arrives so he gets back out to talk to the officer. The deputy then goes over and gets the guys out and puts them in the cruiser and lets my dad go on to work. The next morning when my dad reaches into the back of his car to get his lunch box out he spots something under the seat, it is a handgun. He goes in and calls the cops and tells them what he found as it turns out they still have the guys in lockup. Turns out they are wanted in two states as murder suspects and the handgun ties them into it as the murder weapon. What if he hadnt calles 911 first???? Yes he has his HCP now but with them behind him in the car would it have helped and what could someone do differently in the same situation?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Revelator

I guess it would depend. Are you asking what to do if they carjack you and demand you take them somewhere? I'm not sure what I'd do, but I would start by staying cool and looking for a way out of that situation. If that meant quickly drawing and putting a jacketed hollow point round in the optical cavity of the one with the gun, I hope that's what I'd do. :cool: This is a situation where being left-handed and sitting in the driver's seat would be to your advantage.

I take it this is a true story? Your old man's lucky that, when the police showed up, the guy didn't start blasting away.

Guest GT_Rat

First thing I wouldn't have done is help them leave the scene of the accident.Especially after admitting to drunk driving. Wouldn't that make me an accessory?

Guest .45Jon
Don't let drunk strangers in the car. Period.

Exactly...could have went from right place at the right time by being there to help those guys out to wrong place at the wrong time very quickly.

If they would have just drawn the gun and shot him there is nothing he could have done about it. If they would have pulled it and forced him to drive somewhere...still not sure how much he could have done depending on where he carries and the fact there were two that were behind him...from that point forward it would just depend on the situation.

I really don't mean for this to sound as bad as it might...but letting them get in the car to help them leave the scene of an accident was not a very smart thing to do.

But the story does help to serve as a reminder to always be on guard, even when being a good samaritan.

Guest archerdr1

These days you have to be really careful as to who you help. I always have my weapon on me and I will stop and help people ONLY if my family is not in the vehicle with me... but I am also extra cautious as to what is going on around me. There have been a lot of carjackings lately where the young lady is broken down and when the good samaritan gets out to help he is jumped by the lady's two buddies that are hiding behind the building, tree, etc.

Guest db99wj
These days you have to be really careful as to who you help. I always have my weapon on me and I will stop and help people ONLY if my family is not in the vehicle with me... but I am also extra cautious as to what is going on around me. There have been a lot of carjackings lately where the young lady is broken down and when the good samaritan gets out to help he is jumped by the lady's two buddies that are hiding behind the building, tree, etc.

I think that was on an episode of Knight Rider not too long ago, always got to be careful. You got to assume everyone has a cell phone nowadays, got to be careful. Be aware of your surroundings.

Nothing will protect you 100% of the time. If someone wants to kill you, they will.

Best thing to do is stay calm, cooperate as best you can, and wait for an opportunity to escape or catch them off guard. No one is fast enough to draw on someone already holding a gun and win.