If I only had a brain....

Guest CrazyLincoln

Guest CrazyLincoln

Check this article out:

http://www.examiner.com/a-822813~Activists_decry_gun_violence.html

“No mother should ever have to bury her child,†Tyson said, remembering her son, Brian, who was killed in San Francisco. The gun that claimed Brian’s life was an AK-47. Tyson said her son would still be alive if he had not been shot with an automatic weapon.
[Jesse] Jackson took it one step further, calling for a national ban on automatic weapons.
We have one. Its a combination of the 1934 National Firearms act (in response to organized crime) limiting the purchase of automatic firearms and the 1986 Firearm Owners Protection Act (as part of a compromise) making it illegal for civilian purchase and manufacture of automatic weapons. While, this is nothing new for Jesse Jackson, these people obviously aren't thinking. I feel bad for the lady, but she was a victim of violent Crime, not violent guns. so why are they rallying against guns?
In the last three years, the number of people treated for gunshot wounds at The City’s General Hospital has nearly doubled, from 110 in 2003 to 228 in 2006. Last year, 85 percent of The City’s homicides were gun-related; in 2001, firearms were the cause of 60 percent of San Francisco’s homicides, District Attorney Kamala Harris said.

According to Harris, the solution to the gun problem would start with the tracing of illegal firearms to traffickers. The flow of illegal firearms and automatic weapons is the direct cause of San Francisco’s homicides, she said.

At least they interviewed one person with some sense. This is proof enough that gun control doesn't work. Oh, and by the way, I know you want to legalize all those Mexicans, but who do you think is bringing guns across the border? (Granted not all of them, but you see my point.)

OK, so by passing ineffective laws we already have and ignoring the ones you don't like, you expect to reduce gun crime. Sounds like a plan to me. :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of anti gun sentiment is merely a case of people being afraid of what they don't understand. Then some one in a position of power or a person who garners a lot of media attention, like Jesse Jackson, takes their fear and spreads it to more people who have no understanding of firearms, more importantly they have no desire to learn. The lack of knowledge and unwillingness to learn lead to ignorant comments such as these, and of course the pro-gun rebuttal's are never publicized or if they are they are taken out of context. It's really a shame that people are so close minded.

Guest c.a.s.

I got a good one. There are actually pro-gunners at an underground Democratic forum. Y'know, checks and balances. Every time an emotoinally charged statement is made, severla people cite perfect facts and prove them wrong. The anti's started bitching to the adminstration to ban all pro-gunners, though they probably won;t. They actually degraded to arguments like "Well, they just can't cite facts that good! IT isn't fair! Guns are evil, and that's that!" Pathetic.

Guest c.a.s.

Oh....My....God....MY eyes are bleeding....There are so many people with no sense at all and so many stupid comments, I think my eyes are going to explode...

Never, ever, if you do not wish to become as stupid as the gun-grabbers, go to democratic underground. I went to laugh at the stupidity, but it was TOO stupid.

I generally agree. Fear is often based in ignorance. I know of many people who have moderated their positions on firearms after learning some basic information and maybe even pulling a trigger or two. People seeking power often prey on the ignorance of the masses. While we can lament the inherent immorality of that behavior, we also have to lament the level of ignorance out there. Voting out fear-mongering politicians is one good step, but educating the citizenry is important as well. I think each of us should work to do both.

I think a lot of anti gun sentiment is merely a case of people being afraid of what they don't understand. Then some one in a position of power or a person who garners a lot of media attention, like Jesse Jackson, takes their fear and spreads it to more people who have no understanding of firearms, more importantly they have no desire to learn. The lack of knowledge and unwillingness to learn lead to ignorant comments such as these, and of course the pro-gun rebuttal's are never publicized or if they are they are taken out of context. It's really a shame that people are so close minded.