Err.....I hate spiders!

strickj

Ive been seeing spiders effin EVERYWHERE here the past few days! 2178_shaken.gif

I killed two early this morning out on the porch trying to attack moi.....looks like I'm going to have to move to a safer neighborhood now! 2167_startled.gif

Thats all,carry on.....

Edited by strickj
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of Gods creatures have a place on this fine planet. Sometimes it happens to be the same as our place, sometimes not. I grew up in the country dealing with all the critters so I don`t get bothered with them, upset at times when I have to take down webs every other day in my shop but at least they work for their food, more than I can say about some people on the planet.

as long as they aren't Brown Recluses or Black Widows they are fine by me. I hate the bugs they eat more!

On a side note. In NW Arkansas the tarantulas used to migrate every so often. Imagine millions of tarantulas moving at top speed like a wave! Freaky!

as long as they aren't Brown Recluses or Black Widows they are fine by me. I hate the bugs they eat more!

On a side note. In NW Arkansas the tarantulas used to migrate every so often. Imagine millions of tarantulas moving at top speed like a wave! Freaky!

Yep! I rather like having wolf spiders about as they eat tons of pests...

I got bitten by a brown recluse last fall and it wasnt fun, no sir.

Did you have necrosis or not? I've seen some NASTY wounds from the necrosis following a brown recluse bite.

I was bitten by one back in the summer of '04 and while I had a strong allergic reaction (eyes itched terribly and were so bloodshot my eyes were completely red, no white to be seen), there was zero necrosis. Turns out I'm (apparently) part of a smallish percentage of folks who are somewhat tolerant to the venom. The doc recommended I not try to get bit again to test that theory and I've done my best to follow his advice. :D

Did you have necrosis or not? I've seen some NASTY wounds from the necrosis following a brown recluse bite.

I was bitten by one back in the summer of '04 and while I had a strong allergic reaction (eyes itched terribly and were so bloodshot my eyes were completely red, no white to be seen), there was zero necrosis. Turns out I'm (apparently) part of a smallish percentage of folks who are somewhat tolerant to the venom. The doc recommended I not try to get bit again to test that theory and I've done my best to follow his advice. :D

When I was pastoring in Arkansas I had an older man (late 60's) get bite on the right testicle! evidently it was in his pants when he put them on. I didn't see it but the doctors told me he was lucky to be alive. caused a lot of damage that took nearly a year to get over.

When I was pastoring in Arkansas I had an older man (late 60's) get bite on the right testicle! evidently it was in his pants when he put them on. I didn't see it but the doctors told me he was lucky to be alive. caused a lot of damage that took nearly a year to get over.
:D...I just imagined a 60-year-old, necrotic testicle...I'm done here...
Guest db99wj

My brother got bit on the hip a few years ago, went to ER, they misdiagnosed it, went home, grew...yep I said grew, into a volcano looking thing..I saw it...with a nasty top.....went back, Dr admitted him, went to surgery, has about a 13" moon shaped scar and a little less fat on his ass and hip. He was working for the cable company, installing cable in commercial crawl space.

We don't like spiders, especially brown recluses. I stepped on a huge spider once and all these little baby spiders took off running around, that is the day I learned to tap dance.

Crickets and grasshoppers no worries, spiders I will step on, no problem. We get these Cellar Crickets, I call them Sprickets, due to the fact that they look like a spider and a cricket that got it on and had babies. They look like spiders and hop and are as fast as crickets....big fat ass crickets...ewwwwww

Guest GUTTERbOY

Story time!

Let me tell you about the guy who has my roommate back in NC. Dan was a good friend of mine, and I think it's appropriate to say that Dan was first and foremost a hunter. I don't think there's any creature indigenous to eastern NC that he hadn't killed at one time or the other. On top of this, Dan was a pretty burly guy.

In short, he was a pretty tough dude. Except for one thing. Dan hated spiders. I **** you not, this burly hunter-guy would quite often recruit me to kill any spider he saw in the apartment.

So anyway, one night we're sitting in the living room watching TV, when I see Dan kind of glance at the wall before getting up and heading into the kitchen. As he returns with a king-size wad of paper towels, I see what he's after: a daddy longlegs on the wall. All in all, I was glad that he was going to kill it himself instead of getting me involved, so I just watched.

So try and picture this in your mind: Here's this big dude, who kills more than anyone I've ever known. He cautiously approaches the spider on the wall, paper towels in hand. As he gets closer, he starts to get into a sort of martial-arts crouch, his entire body tensing to strike the predator. He finally gets in position... watches the spider carefully... pounces at the spider... and misses.

Even better, the spider jumps off the wall and onto his arm. At which point this husky killer jumps straight up in the air and screams like a little girl, arms flailing about wildly.

This was immediately followed by some language, not suited for mixed company, directed at me, probably because I was laughing uncontrollably.

Guest db99wj
Story time!

Let me tell you about the guy who has my roommate back in NC. Dan was a good friend of mine, and I think it's appropriate to say that Dan was first and foremost a hunter. I don't think there's any creature indigenous to eastern NC that he hadn't killed at one time or the other. On top of this, Dan was a pretty burly guy.

In short, he was a pretty tough dude. Except for one thing. Dan hated spiders. I **** you not, this burly hunter-guy would quite often recruit me to kill any spider he saw in the apartment.

So anyway, one night we're sitting in the living room watching TV, when I see Dan kind of glance at the wall before getting up and heading into the kitchen. As he returns with a king-size wad of paper towels, I see what he's after: a daddy longlegs on the wall. All in all, I was glad that he was going to kill it himself instead of getting me involved, so I just watched.

So try and picture this in your mind: Here's this big dude, who kills more than anyone I've ever known. He cautiously approaches the spider on the wall, paper towels in hand. As he gets closer, he starts to get into a sort of martial-arts crouch, his entire body tensing to strike the predator. He finally gets in position... watches the spider carefully... pounces at the spider... and misses.

Even better, the spider jumps off the wall and onto his arm. At which point this husky killer jumps straight up in the air and screams like a little girl, arms flailing about wildly.

This was immediately followed by some language, not suited for mixed company, directed at me, probably because I was laughing uncontrollably.

As am I!

Great story!

We get these Cellar Crickets, I call them Sprickets, due to the fact that they look like a spider and a cricket that got it on and had babies. They look like spiders and hop and are as fast as crickets....big fat ass crickets...ewwwwww

These guys, right?

Camel crickets is what they are really named.

camelcricket2a.jpg

- OS

As am I!

Great story!

I used to bounce with a guy who had that same level of irrational fear--we're talking clinical phobia here. This dude was a Brazillian jiu-jitsu instructor and built like a rock. We were sweeping up the patio one night after work, and I noticed that he had something fuzzy on his shiny, bald head. Without thinking, I said, "Hey, you've got a spider or something on your head there", to which he responded by letting out several blood-curdling screams, doing a tactical forward roll (I didn't even yell "Contact!"), and then rolling around on the ground as if he were on fire. Then, he started dry-heaving for a good 5 minutes until he could calm back down. I felt pretty bad about it afterward, but it's still one of the funniest damn things I've ever seen in my life...Oh, and the fuzzy thing turned out to be just a dust bunny... :D

I hate anything with more than 4 legs. I really hate anything with more than 6 legs. ALL SPIDERS MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!

What I have in my house, that I really hate, are those damn house centipedes. I know they are supposed to be beneficial, but the hell with them. They are ugly, fast, and have way too many legs for me to be anywhere near them. When I see them, I kill them with fire.

HouseCentipede.jpg

Guest tlondon

My dog was bit by a brown recluse the other day. Took him to the vet and they had to cut out all the infection. So now he has a big hole by his junk on his belly. It hurt him bad, but he is getting better