There's a storm abrewin'!

Guest trigem

Guest trigem

The New Boston Tea Party - Please Participate :stalk: What happens when good, responsible people keep quiet????

Washington has forgotten they work for us. We don't work for them. Throwing good money after bad is NOT the answer. I am sick of the midnight, closed door sessions to come up with a plan. I am sick of Congress raking CEO's over the coals while they, themselves, have defaulted on their taxes, and now have given themselves another raise. I am sick of the bailed out companies having lavish vacations and retreats on my dollar. I am sick of being told it is MY responsibility to rescue people that, knowingly, bought more house than they could afford. I am sick of being made to feel it is my patriotic duty to pay MORE taxes.

I am a responsible citizen. I pay my taxes. I live on a budget and I don't ask someone else to carry the burden for poor decisions I may make. I have emailed my congressmen and senators asking them to NOT vote for the stimulus package as it was written without reading it first. They don't listen. No one listened. They voted for it, pork and all.

O.K. folks, here it is. You may think you are just one voice and what you think won't make a difference. Well, yes, it will and YES, WE CAN!! If you are disgusted and angry with the way Washington is handling our taxes. If you are fearful of the fallout from the wreckless spending of BILLIONS to bailout and "stimulate" without accountability and responsibility then we need to become ONE, LOUD VOICE THAT CAN BE HEARD FROM EVERY CITY, TOWN, SUBURB AND HOME IN AMERICA. There is a growing protest to demand that Congress, the President and his cabinet LISTEN to us, the American Citizens. What is being done in Washington is NOT the way to handle the economic free fall.

So, here's the plan. On April 1, 2009, all Ameicans are asked to send a TEABAG to Washinton , D.C. You do not have to enclose a note or any other information unless you so desire. Just a TEABAG. Many cities are organizing protests. If you simply search, "New American Tea Party", several sites will come up. If you aren't the 'protester' type, simply make your one voice heard with a TEABAG. Your one voice will become a roar when joined with millions of others that feel the same way. Yes, something needs to be done but the lack of confidence as shown by the steady decline in the stock market speaks volumes.

This was not my idea. I visited the sites of the 'New American Tea Pary' and an online survey showed over 90% of thousands said they would send the teabag on April 1. Why, April 1??? We want them to reach Washington by April 15. Will you do it? I will! Send it to; 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington , D.C. 20500 .

Send this to everyone in your address book. I would encourage everyone to go ahead and get the envelope ready to mail, then just drop it in the mail April 1. What will this cost you? A little time and a 42 (+??) cent stamp. There will be a little extra postage because a lumpy envelope has to be hand-processed, so just put 2 stamps on it to be sure it gets there.

What could you receive in benefits? Maybe, just maybe, our elected officials will start to listen to the people... Take out the Pork! Tell us how the money is being spent. We want TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY. Remember, the money will be spent over the next 4-5 years. It is not too late to save ourselves and especially our children who will bear the brunt of this endless mess.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nraforlife

BUT who you going to vote for? There's the issue as 90% of all politicians keep getting re-elected. They really don't fear the 'rabble'...

Guest betobeto

It would work if you printed TEA all over the envelopes and placed a peace of paper in side printed with TEA 500 times.

I think I'll do both a printed version and a tea bag version......

Guest nraforlife

Symbolic BS. IF the same whores keep getting elected by the sheeple you could send them a boatload of teasbags and it wouldn't matter.

Symbolic BS. IF the same whores keep getting elected by the sheeple you could send them a boatload of teasbags and it wouldn't matter.

True, but symbolism does two things - it sends a message and it also makes it easy for people to get involved and show their disgust. The hard part is getting people to wake the frick up and see how bad things are - once they are awake we can work towards changes at the polls.

just my .02 - might not make ANY difference, but i want them to know how disgusted I am at their spending $1 BILLION dollars per hour so far: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19884.html

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tadams
The packages will probably never make it past screening. And be discarded as an unknown substance.

You're right! It has been suggested that you actually just tear off the string and tab that is attached to the tea bag, then include those in the envelope, instead. If the rep (or their aids) give a rat's patootey, it will be counted. They know what it means.