New from Johnson City/Knoxville

Guest illumina

Guest illumina

Hey guys, my name is Caleb and I'm a new gun owner(just bought my first gun today!) from the Johnson City area. I'm a senior at ETSU's College of Nursing and am looking forward to graduating this Winter. I'm originally from Knoxville and my family still lives there, so I visit often. I've fired handguns a couple of times at ranges and have also rented the H&K MP5 at CCA with my friend, which was a blast to say the least.

A little about myself: I'm 23, engaged, and live with my fiance. We have two dogs and live in an apartment off of W State of Franklin/W Market St in the middle of JC. I also have a motorcycle and enjoy riding two-up or one-up on any roads I find. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm a Nursing student and plan on working at Holston Valley ICU in Kingsport when I graduate this December.

I bought a Glock 19 today at Tri-cities Gun Depot from Brian, who was very helpful. I plan on going to the range to practice often, and am going to take the HCP course from Aaron Henley at ETSU in the near future.

I found this site yesterday and it seems like a great community, pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I look forward to hanging with some of you and getting into the gun community.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest illumina

Thanks guys. Seems like a great forum from what I can tell. Now I just need to find a range to shoot at! I live in an apartment so I don't have my own land. Anyone know info about the ETSU rifle range? I can't seem to find any information on it.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks guys. Seems like a great forum from what I can tell. Now I just need to find a range to shoot at! I live in an apartment so I don't have my own land. Anyone know info about the ETSU rifle range? I can't seem to find any information on it.

The rifle range at ETSU seems to be available only during special events. It's located in the lower level of the mini-dome. The closest public range that I know of is in Unicoi. From JC, you would take I26 toward Asheville, but would get off after about 5 miles at Unicoi. At the bottom of the ramp, go left until the road ends (about .5 mile). Take a right there and go about 1.5 miles and take a left - I don't know the road name, but it's just before you get to the hardware store with the mowers and such for sale. After you turn on that road, you should start seeing signs for the rifle range. It's about .5 miles up that road, then another left on to Scioto Rd and .5 miles to a right turn for the range. Note that you have to drive through a small creek to get to the range, and there is a $2 day use fee.