AR15 build setback

I am awesome. I was on track to have my build done this week, but now it will have to wait. I was tapping in the bolt catch roll pin and it broke in two. The AR looks awesome, just no bolt catch. So now I will sit back and wait for Brownells to send the $0.80 part that is holding up my build.

And I ordered three of them just to make sure!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am awesome. I was on track to have my build done this week, but now it will have to wait. I was tapping in the bolt catch roll pin and it broke in two. The AR looks awesome, just no bolt catch. So now I will sit back and wait for Brownells to send the $0.80 part that is holding up my build.

And I ordered three of them just to make sure!

I think I've got an extra roll pin... let me know if you want it

Edit: Whoops, the extra one I had will be to large, it's for the trigger guard.

Edited by poak
I've found "squeezing" the pin in works better and will avoid breaking it.

That's what I did to start it, then I finished driving it in with light taps from a 4oz tack hammer (with it's head covered w/ electrical tape).

Guest sling

Small nails are the same diameter (cant remember the size) as the roll pins. I've had instances in the past where i've lost a roll pin or ran out on peoples builds and improvised. Cut to length... squeeze in there. Same thing.

Guest Jcochran88
Small nails are the same diameter (cant remember the size) as the roll pins. I've had instances in the past where i've lost a roll pin or ran out on peoples builds and improvised. Cut to length... squeeze in there. Same thing.

I used a small bolt it worked fine till mine came in, shoot over 1k rounds through it like that.

Guest Halfpint

Oh dude that sucks. :) I had to rob parts out of my rifle for a buddy's, yesterday, but I had already ordered a bunch of spares--I know the feeling, though.

Nothing sucks worse in gun hobbies than looking at your 99.999999% complete build, and waiting on that one extra part. In my case, I'm currently short a takedown detent pin. :)