I need a gun re-blued

Guest KWW67

Guest KWW67

Is anyone interested in re-bluing a revolver for me. My mother has a .32 Rossi she bought about 30 years ago and where she kept it in her purse, it looks like something spilled on it (probably nail polish remover knowing her). It is a very sound gun. Metal seems good, just looks bad. It just needs some TLC. I would need to know the cost and time frame of completion before hand to see if it is worth it. I would like to do it for her as a suprise.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are very few places that will or can do this locally, there is 1 guy in ooltewah tn. that does this and i hear also there is 1 guy in cleveland!

• 2 weeks later...

Gun blueing must be a dying art or something. I took a Ruger revolver that I had $125 in, to On Target to see about having it reblued, and they quoted me more than I had in the gun to have it blued. The sales person offered to Duracoat it for me, but wanted over $100 for that.

Guest bughunter

I was just at Gander Mountain in Bowling Green this morning and they have on site gunsmiths and a board of rebluing systems, they were all barrels so I am not sure if they can do a wheel gun or not, worth a call i guess.

Brownells sells a couple of different coatings that work like Duracoat but come in a regular spray can...not a hot blue but economical. I had a M19 SW re-blued by a guy up toward Clarksville, did a decent job on the bluing but did a horrible job on the mechanical parts of the gun. Didn't even tighten any of the screws or the ejector rod back up. Got it back and it wouldn't even function. Good gunsmiths are getting rare.

If your in Lebanon you should stop by and see Sam at Complete Gun Shop on Highway 109 in Gallatin. He did my Savage 30-06 with great results. I can't recall what the rifle blueing cost as I had some trigger work done as well.

Complete Gun Shop

(615) 206-0075 308 S Water Ave, Gallatin, TN 37066

If your in Lebanon you should stop by and see Sam at Complete Gun Shop on Highway 109 in Gallatin. He did my Savage 30-06 with great results. I can't recall what the rifle blueing cost as I had some trigger work done as well.

Complete Gun Shop

Does great work. Master 1911 gunsmith.

Complete Gun Shop

this is really your only local option, Sam's my gunsmith too and he does some of the best blueing work in hte country. He out of town this week... you can drop your gun by my place or wait until he return next week. Let me know if I can help.