Idiot HOF

bobsguns

I think we have a new member in the idiot HOF in TN. 

Seems some jackass ran into the back end of a Metro Nashville patrol car on I-40 around 2:30am. The patrol car had his lights on as he was on a call already when he was struck. How drunk does one have to be in order to hit a patrol car with his light bar going?

It has been confirmed the driver was NOT Judge Gale Robinson, Jr. (Old guys will know what that's about. LOL!)

DUI wreck.jpg

DUI wreck 2.jpg

Edited by bobsguns
none
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, RED333 said:

Some swear that the blue flashing lights will give you the "deer in the head lights" effect.

I hope everyone involved is ok, but you touch upon something important here. 

The newer LED style lights that have come into use definitely increase visibility during the daytime and that is great for increasing safety then. At night they are blindingly bright. To the point of being dangerous in my opinion. That “deer in the headlights” phenomenon you mentioned is real. I find them to be so painfully bright that I often have been forced to look away from the forward view and just watch the road line on the opposite side of where the car is. It prevents me from being able to maintain full and complete view of the road. When I’m at the wheel of 80k pounds of vehicle, this is extremely dangerous for everyone involved. 

Those lights need a nighttime setting. 

• Like 11
  • Moderators
17 hours ago, Pain103 said:

Been there. Got hit by a drunk driver in 2010 while on a stop. Most led bars on patrol cars have a dim button you use at night so it isn’t as bright but good and visible. 

Really?! It would be awesome if the officers would use them. Seriously. 

*There was no snark in this post. I seriously didn’t know they had a dim button.*

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Pain103 said:

Been there. Got hit by a drunk driver in 2010 while on a stop. Most led bars on patrol cars have a dim button you use at night so it isn’t as bright but good and visible. 

It should be on a photocell, like most headlights. 

I think it's both the brightness and relatively instant on/off that makes them so hard to look at compared to incandescents. It's especially bad when there's several emergency vehicles in one spot.

Glad that cop above got hit from behind. I would never stop on interstate shoulder if I could help it. Just go to the next exit, it's safer for everyone.  

13 hours ago, RED333 said:

Some swear that the blue flashing lights will give you the "deer in the head lights" effect.

When I was a LEO I was also a state-certified DUI instructor. During the coursework at the Missouri State Highway Patrol Academy they mentioned that it has been proven that drunks will steer towards lights rather than within their lane markers. It's part of the reason that traffic stops are the most dangerous frequent activity a LEO undertakes.

• Like 1

Since I used to work on Police cars, I can attest to the fact that blue lights do indeed have a Hi & LO setting. It seems that some officers don't understand this or how to use them accordingly.  

I, too, have been blinded by blue lights at night. I can see where that could be used as a reasonable defense. 

• Like 2

Rookie Las Vegas Raiders RB ,hit another vehicle in the rear end lately, the hit vehicle caught fire, driver was killed. The rookie was driving a Chev. Corvette,  with a passenger. He was  running 156 mph at the time. He had slowed to 125 at impact l. His BAC was twice the Nev. legal limit. The airbag recorded his speed.

Rookie has been fired from the team.

On 11/1/2021 at 11:51 AM, gary_boom said:

Now to see who Gale Robinson is.

He was (maybe still is?) a sitting Davidson Co judge. Comes from a prominent political family in Nashville. Got drunk one night & also ran into the back of a parked po-po car with its lights activated. Surprising no one, he kept his judicial seat. 

I got into a screaming match with him one time in his courtroom. Yes, I brought up his DUI stupidity. No, he was not amused. He is a whiny little bitch, IMO. 

His sister was a judge in Nashville that handled many divorce cases. She screwed more men than a Navy base hooker. (Figuratively, not literally.) Name of Murial Robinson. She'd favor alcoholic, drug addict moms over for child custody over hard working, sober fathers almost 100% of the time. I have read many, many horror stories from fathers who exited her courtrooms over the years. I believe she is deceased these days, someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

ETA: Nope, the witch is still living. She retired in 2008 & lives in Shelbyville. Served as a judge for 41 years.

Edited by bobsguns
On 10/31/2021 at 9:59 PM, Chucktshoes said:

I hope everyone involved is ok, but you touch upon something important here. 

The newer LED style lights that have come into use definitely increase visibility during the daytime and that is great for increasing safety then. At night they are blindingly bright. To the point of being dangerous in my opinion. That “deer in the headlights” phenomenon you mentioned is real. I find them to be so painfully bright that I often have been forced to look away from the forward view and just watch the road line on the opposite side of where the car is. It prevents me from being able to maintain full and complete view of the road. When I’m at the wheel of 80k pounds of vehicle, this is extremely dangerous for everyone involved. 

Those lights need a nighttime setting. 

Man, I’ve said thst to my wife many times.  It amazes me that more accidents aren’t caused by those super bight lights at night. I know I can barely see around them.  Very dangerous.

• Like 2