XD 45 impressions

Guest dtandy

Guest dtandy

Took my new XD 45 compact to the range yesterday. This was my second trip to the range with the pistol but the first time was very brief and just a "does it work" visit.

I shot Speed Gold Dot and some FMJ and the XD functioned perfectly. The gun has a nice feel in my hand and out of the three pistols I have, I am most accurate with the XD 45. My other pistols include the XD 9mm subcompact and a M&P 9c. This was a nice surprise as the XD 45 is going to be my carry pistol now that my permit has arrived.

At 7 yards slow fire I was able to shoot a nice ragged hole about 1.5" in diameter. While practicing double taps at 7 yards, I was about to keep every shot on target (although not a nice 1.5" hole, unfortunately!)

The only downside I have found is that the 10 round magazine rattles when fully loaded and inserted into the pistol. I understand that this is a common occurrence and that is has no effect on reliability, but it is still a bit annoying on an otherwise great gun.

Regards,

Dave

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Great to hear, that's an awesome gun, and somewhat hard to find. Wish my compact .45 could hold 10 rounds. Keep enjoying it.

...The only downside I have found is that the 10 round magazine rattles when fully loaded and inserted into the pistol. I understand that this is a common occurrence and that is has no effect on reliability, but it is still a bit annoying on an otherwise great gun...

Yeah, some of my XD 9 service/sc mags rattle some, but then do NOT rattle once they are in the gun.

Guess you've tried slapping the back of the mag against your hand after loading?

- OS

Guest dtandy

Yeah, I've tried slapping the magazine but it didn't help. I even disassembled the magazine and made sure everything was in good shape and put together properly.

9+1 works without any rattles but I hate to give up a round.

I can only hear the rattle when I trot or run up the stairs so it's not a big deal. I'm just not very forgiving when it comes to mechanical things like a magazine that should be designed so that there is no rattle!

Yeah, I've tried slapping the magazine but it didn't help. I even disassembled the magazine and made sure everything was in good shape and put together properly.

9+1 works without any rattles but I hate to give up a round.

I can only hear the rattle when I trot or run up the stairs so it's not a big deal. I'm just not very forgiving when it comes to mechanical things like a magazine that should be designed so that there is no rattle!

I noticed mine rattled at work, I decided one round wouldn't hurt.