PT145 Pro Initial Impressions

Guest RISC777

Guest RISC777

{bloody ieSpell sucks, had to re-do all of this}

150 rounds to date.

Cosmolined out the yazoo as expected.

I am, or the pistol is, shooting low, left.

Does not like hollow points. Hornady TAPs and Hydra-Shoks are both a no-go. Winchester white boxed JHP and Glaser Pow'RBalls work. The Glasers gave me the problem of the next round being a FTF. Not sure if it was the +P Glaser, or that the pistol needed its next cleaning. Will test time next time out.

One magazine's follower comes up approx. 1 millimeter higher than the other. Using both magazines last time at the range gave no difference in feeding. Also noted that with the slide off and eye-balling a full magazine being inserted that the top round was moved off to the right slightly when the magazine clicked into place.

Focus is not that great or what I expected, but here's pics:

52a64800c75735b98fe8d1f2229d2f1b5g.jpg

f5a89c74b1d32fdbaf9cd16b86a99c9b5g.jpg

6c424d648f49f0a7834c0984b028edaf5g.jpg

535b4925b7202b38772598a9b11318a05g.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

{bloody ieSpell sucks, had to re-do all of this}

150 rounds to date.

Cosmolined out the yazoo as expected.

I am, or the pistol is, shooting low, left.

Does not like hollow points. Hornady TAPs and Hydra-Shoks are both a no-go. Winchester white boxed JHP and Glaser Pow'RBalls work. The Glasers gave me the problem of the next round being a FTF. Not sure if it was the +P Glaser, or that the pistol needed its next cleaning. Will test time next time out.

One magazine's follower comes up approx. 1 millimeter higher than the other. Using both magazines last time at the range gave no difference in feeding. Also noted that with the slide off and eye-balling a full magazine being inserted that the top round was moved off to the right slightly when the magazine clicked into place...

Gracious. Good you got the "pro" version. I guess the amateur version wouldn't have worked at all. :P

- OS

Guest RISC777
Gracious. Good you got the "pro" version. I guess the amateur version wouldn't have worked at all. :P

- OS

heh ... I didn't name it or do the scroll work on the slide. :lol:

I carry the PT145 daily and have fired all the rounds you have mentioned with no problems. I carry the 230rg Rem Golden Saber. Did you disassemble the mags and clean them as well? I wouldn't much suspect the feed ramp as mine came with a damn near mirror finish from the factory. I probably have in excess of 1000 rds with no failure to feed fire or eject. If the mods dont mind try taurusarmed.net for more info on Taurus.

IMG_7138.jpg

Guest JHatmaker

I recently sold my PT140 (I know it's different than shooting a .45), but never had any issues. I have a tendancy to shoot left with most of my guns, but thought the Taurus did great. I only shot roughly 50-75 rounds though it with various brand ammo, but never had an issue.

Great gun though, keep at it.

Guest 45AUTO

i have a pt145 mill. i have put about 1500 rounds tru it and no problem yet. try to clean it really good the ramp on my was like a mirror .

Guest RISC777

Ramp is polished very well from the factory. I did find a very small nick left side, just above the ramp that I smoothed off. Still no chance to fire it more.

The magazines I disassembled and cleaned. The most removed was some cosmo on the base plates. Followers move as free and easily as can be desired. No real powder residue off the tops either.

Had no issues until shooting those Glaser Pow'RBalls. Traded them off to a friend at work. Only bought them for the round nose / hollow point combination when I flew to Denver (wanted an un-opened box of ammo to put in checked luggage).

Next time out will tell.

I will check out taurusarmed.net, though, chipperi. Thanks.