Whats your favorite ak

Guest mossyoakman

I have an old MAK-90 Sporter that seems to have better fit and finish than the newer stuff coming in. Have to keep a thumbhole on it or change out some parts to comply with 922R though. Paid $250 for it new, many years ago. It's never malfunctioned in any way despite all my neglect and abuse over the years.

TK47

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I owned a WASR10 for about a half a year and never had a single problem with it. It was definitely MOPP(Minute of Paper Plate) yes I thought of that incredibly genius term myself. I'm getting a MAK90 out of layaway soon and hope to get an Ironwood stock set for it and all other parts needed to make it compliant. I am not crazy about the thumbhole stock.

Guest Gun Geek

I personally like my WASR10 but it was all I could get anyway. The only problem I have with it, is that I cant afford to feed it very often. But it goes pow every time my bugger hook pulls the bang stick.

I had one previously but sold it then borrowed another from a friend. I just paid the insane prices so I could get one before... well you know.

Guest frankcostanza

I have a WASR GP 10/63 and a Yugo M70B1, which is the fixed stock. The Yugo is a lot heftier, but if the SHTF and I could only take one rifle with me, it would be the WASR. Its way more accurate than the Yugo, although the rear sight leaf on the Yugo is slightly bent, so that probably has something to do with it. Maybe that will change when I get it fixed. I also am not a huge fan of the Yugo's stock. It has kind of an awkward angle so you have to position your head farther forward than what feels normal in order to not bruise your cheekbone after every shot.

Guest trikerjay

my favorite one is ...well all the ones i have built are my favorite one:koolaid:. out of those it would be my polish underfolder. out of my prebans it would be my polytech double underfolder or maybe my early import red sidefolder :up:

later jay

Guest Astra900
I have a WASR GP 10/63 and a Yugo M70B1, which is the fixed stock. The Yugo is a lot heftier, but if the SHTF and I could only take one rifle with me, it would be the WASR. Its way more accurate than the Yugo, although the rear sight leaf on the Yugo is slightly bent, so that probably has something to do with it. Maybe that will change when I get it fixed. I also am not a huge fan of the Yugo's stock. It has kind of an awkward angle so you have to position your head farther forward than what feels normal in order to not bruise your cheekbone after every shot.

I had to take a block plane and a sander to mine, for that very reason! They must have some very different shaped cheek bones over in the Balkans.

While not considered as "high end" as some others listed here, I've always liked the Romanian SAR-1s.

Oh the days when they could be had for under $400...

Same here! and it was just a bit over $300.00!

It's a shooter! Not pretty, but as reliable as any machine can be. I've run just shy of 10,000 rounds through it and it just keeps ticking.

I wish I had picked up a few more at those prices...but Hindsight is 20/20. :tough:

Guest Todd@CIS
Same here! and it was just a bit over $300.00!

It's a shooter! Not pretty, but as reliable as any machine can be. I've run just shy of 10,000 rounds through it and it just keeps ticking.

I wish I had picked up a few more at those prices...but Hindsight is 20/20. :P

Yeah, I've got two and didn't pay over $400 for either of them. :screwy:

I just bought an Interarms Polish Tantal 5.45...can't wait to give it a workout.

Edited by Todd@CIS
  • 4 weeks later...

I have only had experience with one. . my Egyptian Maadi ARM. . its very reliable. .never offered a problem. . suprisingly accurate. and in the black enamel from plant 54 in Cairo looks very russian. Its ate every kind of cheap ammo ive fed it like a kid eating coco crispies. I dont think I could love another any more. . .

Guest Wilson1

Just got a KFS imported Poly Tech in 7.62x39 - have yet to try it out. But I like my Yugo M70B2 underfolder a lot! Then my SAR 1. Oh and my converted Saiga 12....man I really like 'em all!!!

Mike