Road rage incident, gun saved my ass

Guest smithandwesson

I gave her a friendly reminder in the form of my boot on her door.

ROFLMAO I "attempted" (keyword here) to do that to a lady a few weeks back. 2 lanes stopped for me so I could pull out and turn left, she decided to gun it into the turning lane and missed me by about 6 inches. I was kicking at her front bumper as I cornered around here lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest archerdr1
ROFLMAO I "attempted" (keyword here) to do that to a lady a few weeks back. 2 lanes stopped for me so I could pull out and turn left, she decided to gun it into the turning lane and missed me by about 6 inches. I was kicking at her front bumper as I cornered around here lol

people do that quite often here. They just don't watch where they are going. I got parked on as a result of one of those careless drivers. Of course she was about 87yrs old and one that shouldn't have been driving in the first place. (oh, and to avoid a situation like the "Monkey", I do have the pictures, lawsuit papers, and police report to prove it...I would just have to dig up the report and papers. Pics are on my computer:D).

people do that quite often here. They just don't watch where they are going. I got parked on as a result of one of those careless drivers. Of course she was about 87yrs old and one that shouldn't have been driving in the first place. (oh, and to avoid a situation like the "Monkey", I do have the pictures, lawsuit papers, and police report to prove it...I would just have to dig up the report and papers. Pics are on my computer:D).

LOL PROVE IT! Just kidding. Yea I've seen some crazy elderly drivers working at the hospital. I honestly don't know what's worse Memphis drivers or elderly drivers in general, but when you combine them...look out now.

Guest archerdr1

thought someone would get a kick out of that. Yeah, it hurt like crazy, and then she said that she was sitting still and I ran into the side of her! She had the Gall to say "You don't think this is my fault, do you?" I said, IF I ran into the side of you, why were you sitting still sideways in my lane? And, IF you were sitting still, how did you end up ON TOP of my face? Did your car try to JUMP out of my way? Funny thing about old people that can't drive, you don't see them in any kind of sub-compact car, NO, that wouldn't hurt so bad, they have to drive the pre-1998 land yachts!!!!!! She was in a 1995 Park Avenue! Talk about a heavy car!

Guest tacobelldoug

Broadway is definitely not a good place to leave your vehicle (even at a red light). There are a bunch of streets intersecting Broadway that you can't even turn right because of all the traffic.

The guy had to be crazy to get off his bike.

Guest db99wj

I was at a stop light a few months ago coming to work, light was red, I was at complete stop, guy in a buick came up behind me and hit me. I looked and he was just sitting there, I got out, he backed up a little by then, see if there was any damage, his bumper had a small scuff, he hit my trailer hitch receiver and ball, nothing on that. He rolled down window, I said, looks like you hit me, but there really is no major damage....he blurted out, you rolled into me, I said, No sir, that is an automatic and it doesn't roll backwards when in drive, and in fact you hit me. He mumbled something and rolled up his window. I got back in and went on to work. Stupid buicks, they heard up like cattle out here, won't get out of your way!

Guest Jonathan B.
The Castle Doctrine is such a big help. You can legally defend yourself in your car just like in your home, and if a guy comes up to you with a weapon to carjack you, he has a weapon and your life is therefore threatened.

Im not sure if theres any difference between the home and your car, but in your home and someone forces entry (even without a weapon) you have to assume he means to kill you and are justified in the use of deadly force. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

its only illegal to have a scanner in your car if your using it while committing a crime.

Is speeding considered a "crime?" Because that would just blow...

Edited by Jonathan B.
Im not sure if theres any difference between the home and your car, but in your home and someone forces entry (even without a weapon) you have to assume he means to kill you and are justified in the use of deadly force. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

In TN according to 39-11-611 if someone unlawfully and forcibly enters a residence, business, dwelling or vehicle the law presumes you are in fear of serious bodily harm or death whether that person is armed or not.

Guest Jonathan B.
Seriously?

Sorry, I should added tags and elaborated a bit, lemme fix it:

[sarcasm] Is speeding a crime? Because that would just blow to get your scanner confiscated for doing 5 over [/sarcasm]

My point in this is can you have it removed for a mere misdemeanor? Or maybe it just applies to felonies. "Crime" is a very broad term.

... Update: I can find no laws concerning scanners in Tennessee code. Some cities might have some, but nothing statewide concerning scanners. Some states do forbid use in furtherance of a crime, but apparently, not TN.

Edited by Jonathan B.