Eye protection

Slasher

Hey all,

I am going to the range tomorrow for the first time and had a questions about eye protection. I wear glasses but didn't know if I need safety glasses over my normal glasses. I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything that would fit over my glasses.

Thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

The only things you need to be worried about are the slim chance a hot brass will bounce off something and land b/t your eye and the opening in your glasses; or if a brass some how scratches your lense.

Otherwise you should be fine. You can always sport those stylish old people sunglasses they sport over their super bi-focals when they drive. You'll drive the ladies wild at the range :wave:

I have shot several times with just my regular glasses. I prefer to put in contacts and wear shooting glasses because I like the extra coverage, but I have never had an issue with using regular glasses. Just be sure you wear something! I forgot to put on my glasses once while I was shooting, then realized I needed to put them on, well the next shot a piece of brass came flying at my eyeball and took a nick out of my shooting glasses! That very well could have been my eye!

Guest Tn.Mitch

I wear my reagular bi-focal galasses and some of those old people HUGE sun glasses that fit over them,but the looks I get from the ladies I would hardley call hot,more like shock... :cool:

Hey I didn't mean to come across like that, I just focus on details too much I guess. I'm very detail oriented.

On a more serious note, I always wear ANSI rated full wrap shooting/safety glasses when I shoot at the range. I also wear safety glasses operating any machinery, such as a lathe or end mill even when they have guards in place. I like to play it safe.

I have some safety glasses that fit over my regular glasses. They work fine for me don't rub my other glasses or interfear with my hearing protection. They say sig arms on front picked them up at frontier firearms. I don't remember what I paid but were not expensive.

Guest pjblurton
I don't remember what I paid but were not expensive.

Definately cheaper than another set of eyes!

Regular glasses are most likely all the protection you need, unless you have those little grandpa glasses.

B_grandpa_jones_pg_19.jpg