another Middle TN Meet n Shoot Event?

Guest mark_justmark

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bust'em

Clarksville is a great range, nice & open. 5-6 bucks all day, if I remember right. the only setback is it's in the middle of nowhere. bring food & drinks.

I got lucky & joined Gallatin last week, gonna meet some new shooters this weekend.

I spent the day at Viola Valley Shooting Range in Viola TN. Nice open place to shoot. No range officers. About 6 covered shooting areas. Each area has a pistol berm, a 50 yd berm and a 100 yd berm. One shooting lane to 200 yards.Shooting benches and chairs.

For $6 for all day, it is a bargain. I think we should have a Meet and Shoot there.

Mike

I spent the day at Viola Valley Shooting Range in Viola TN. Nice open place to shoot. No range officers. About 6 covered shooting areas. Each area has a pistol berm, a 50 yd berm and a 100 yd berm. One shooting lane to 200 yards.Shooting benches and chairs.

For $6 for all day, it is a bargain. I think we should have a Meet and Shoot there.

Mike

Yeah, I'm down with that.

We're heading out there Saturday, after we go to Hero Gear. If the storms will lay off for a while.

Is Owl Hollow out of the question?

I was invited there by another TGOer, and it seemed like a great place. The owner, Charlie, couldn't have been more kind. I can't say for sure, but I'd imagine we could work something out with him.

It's a little drive for me (45 minutes-1 hour), but I think I'm gonna pay the $40 membership fee. Even if I only make it out there a handful of times this year, it will be well worth it.

Guest SigGrl

Shot with Buk, Schmoo, and Loki at the Viola range on Saturday. Very nice range indeed! We didn't get out there until nearly 4:00, but we got a couple hours of good shooting in. We just managed to get off the range, before the big storms rolled in that night.

Shot with Buk, Schmoo, and Loki at the Viola range on Saturday. Very nice range indeed! We didn't get out there until nearly 4:00, but we got a couple hours of good shooting in. We just managed to get off the range, before the big storms rolled in that night.

That's a great range. We should do a Meet and Shoot there sometime. Oh, did you get your free dog on the way out of the range?:D

Yeah, Viola was a blast Saturday!

Was fun seeing my 14 year old daughter doing a mag dump with my AK. First time she's ever fired a gun, and she can't wait to go again!

And before it even starts... no, I didn't start her on the AK, that was at the end of the day, after she'd been shooting the GSG for a couple of hours, and decided she wanted to try something that kicked a little..:D

DSCF1163.jpg

Guest SigGrl
That's a great range. We should do a Meet and Shoot there sometime. Oh, did you get your free dog on the way out of the range?:D

Nah, I didn't take him up on the free dog. Buk and I have enough of our own.

We really should try to organize a shoot there. Maybe we can combine it with a group trip to Hero Gear too!:screwy:

• 2 weeks later...