The Tennessean and it's anti-gun CCW article...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hickok

Yeah, there ought to be a carry permit required for people like Tennessean writers to carry around so much lethal stupidity. It's dangerous wherever they are, alcohol present or not.

Guest justme

while they are restricting the rights of the people to keep and bear arms--why don't we go ahead and restrict the right of a free press as well?

THE CONSTITUTION STANDS OR FALLS TOGETHER...how ignorant can people be?:koolaid:

why is it that the anti-gun nut cases have all come out of the woods at one time?

Guest frankcostanza

why is it that the anti-gun nut cases have all come out of the woods at one time?

I think it's because the people of Tennessee and our elected officials are finally trying to do something to preserve the 2nd amendment in our state by rolling back previous infringements. We push, they push back.

Edit: I just finished the article and all I can say is...wow. Sounds like it was written by a 7th grader.

Some lawmakers have argued that since lists of gun permit holders have been published in databases, the lists should be made confidential and that fines should be assessed for violations. That's an overreaction the public shouldn't stand for. Such a move would be unconstitutional and would prevent the public from knowing information about people involved in gun crimes. How can the public know for sure that permits are being issued to the right people?

This part just about sent me through the roof. There are so many things wrong with that statement, I don't even know where to begin. What an idiot.

Edited by frankcostanza
Guest J.D.D

I just sent this E-MAIL to Mr. Silverman

I have been reading this news paper for many years but your article about carrying guns

Is too much for me.

It is not the people with permits you have to worry about! It,s the people without permits

You should be worrying about. Passing this bill would give the most law abiding citizens

In Tennessee the right to protect themselves and maybe you and your family if you are ever in the place where some CRACK HEAD pulls out his gun and wants to take what he wants from you or your wife or daughter.

I know everyone says it won,t happen to me but what about the old man just a couple of days ago in the parking garage that got beat up pretty bad. And the female,s that go jogging in the parks Federal or state the CRACK HEAD don,t care which.

99.9 Percent of the people that have permit,s will never have to use there gun but I sure hope that the one time the CRACK HEAD does want to rob or rape my wife or one of my children I have my gun with me.

Or it could be some one you know that it happens to and the person setting next to you or driving next to you has a gun permit and intervene and stops the CRACK HEAD from killing

You or one of your family members.

I hope the next time my wife and daughters stop for lunch the person sitting next to them

Has a gun permit. That would give me more piece of mind than some CRACK HEAD carrying a gun without a permit.

People with a permit to carry a gun are law abiding and will leave there gun in the car

But the criminal will still have his in his pocket sitting next to you.

Thank You John D.

Edited by J.D.D
Guest Djay1

Summer, 2008

Gannett Co. Inc., publisher of the Tennessean and other Tennessee newspapers, is cutting 1,000 positions from its newspaper division companywide.

The action is spurred by lower advertising and classified revenue.

Gannett spokeswoman Tara Connell said some of the cuts will be obtained by layoffs, others via attrition and early buyout retirement packages for employees. Layoffs will impact 600 Gannett (NYSE: GCI) newspaper workers, she said.

The reductions amount to 3 percent of Gannett's newspaper work force.

Local newspapers are taking various avenues to attain the reductions and Gannett employees are being notified of the actions. Those notifications cite the weak economy as a impetus for the cuts.

McLean, Va.-based Gannett (NYSE: GCI), publisher of USA Today, locally owns The Tennessean, The Daily News Journal in Murfreesboro, the Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle and several area community newspapers and niche magazines.

(sarcasm) ... Perhaps Mark Silverman's new "let's jump on the bandwagon of the anti firearm carry campaign" is part of his "grand plan" to stem the declining sales at the Tennessean! :screwy: The disconnect between area newspaper editors' cultural and political positions versus the communities they serve is utterly amazing!

Guest dtandy

I subscribed to the Tennessean within the past year and within a week I knew that I had made a mistake. While they have some ok articles every now and then, their overt bias favoring anything liberal is irritating. Unfortunately, I can't say I'm at all surprised to see them publish something like this.

Guest Djay1

Even Silverman's Gannett associates have some choice comments about this fellow ...

2/16/2008 6:52 PM

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Silverman is a douchebag? What will we discover next?

That ********'s career is over.

(see gannettblog.blogspot.com for more hilarity) :screwy: