Tell me why I want an AK for my Homeland Defense Collection

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ibavol

"Why buy an AK47?" Try an AK47 with a receiver mounted Aimpoint, an AK-74 style muzzle brake and several 30 round mags. You're talking about 7.62 sustainable fire and very acceptable accuracy If you want a battle rifle capable of ringing a 10" gong at 100 yards as fast as you can acquire the target, you will be sold...:screwy:

I came really close to getting a Russian model today. Just couldn't bring myself to "pull the trigger" if you will pardon the pun. I may end up with one soon but right now I'm still clearly on the fence about it.

Can a man really serve two masters? AR15 and an AK47 in the same house?? :screwy:

I'd like to find out and let you know.

• Administrator
I'd like to find out and let you know.

Let's do this, then! We'll road-trip tomorrow and you can buy an AR and I'll buy an AK. Two divided households so close together could easily bring about the apocalypse. :screwy:

Guest PerazziTM1
. :D

So explain to me why I would want to add one of these to my collection.

:shrug:

My reply ...Cause you don't have one already.

nuff said :)

Guest mustangdave

Can a man really serve two masters? AR15 and an AK47 in the same house?? :D

Think of it this way...the AR is chambered in .223...is "better" suited for shall we say "close in work"....the AK chambered in 7.62 is kinda the "all weather" gun...with the ability go "reach out" a tad further than an AR. Two distinctly different guns and mission profiles.:shrug:

• Administrator
Think of it this way...the AR is chambered in .223...is "better" suited for shall we say "close in work"....the AK chambered in 7.62 is kinda the "all weather" gun...with the ability go "reach out" a tad further than an AR. Two distinctly different guns and mission profiles.:shrug:

So you're saying that the AR is better suited for when I start digging foxholes in my front yard to repel the Government from taking all of my guns?!? :D

:)

I'm such a jackass before I have my coffee. :D

Guest mustangdave

well...:shrug::tinfoil:...they're both considered Main Battle Rifles...that 7.62/.308 round just has more UMPH a bit further down range. If it carries any weight though...My buddies on the TEAMS back when I was active duty...preferred the AK over the AR. Personally I prefer the 7.62/.308 round

Here's a thought...your AR for pop up shooting from your "fighting hole"....and the AK with a scope up on the roof beside the chimney(for cover)

Edited by mustangdave
just one more tid bit...and a bit more
Guest mossyoakman

In my opinion id go with the 762x39 because of the availability.Aks are great guns.they will eat any type of ammo weather its junk ammo or not lol.