Has the law changed?

Guest parris001

Guest SouthernSaltine

I do alot of helpful things when it comes to being pulled over to make the officer feel safe as he/she approaches my vehicle. I have been pulled over LOTS, let me tell you, And have only received 1 ticket, and it should probably be over a dozen tickets!

When I got my HCP i paid the extra $5 to get a extra copy to keep in my sun-visor. When pulled over, and asked license/registration, (or) do you know why I pulled you over, the first thing out of my mouth is "Yes (or) No officer, but I do want to inform you that I am a HCP holder, and I am carrying on my person (or) in my vehicle at this time" and Identify where, and hand him my HCP from my visor. He/she normally just takes it runs my License/permit number and returns to tell me to SLOW IT DOWN! or take it easy and bypass on the ticket.

There is more that i do in most cases like..

At night, I will turn on my overhead lights so the officer can see me clearly, also depends on the weather i will slightly roll down my back window(s)

Keep my hands on the wheel and not fidget and fumble around after i have stopped.

Remove my Glasses and/or hat so i can be Identified.

Etc,etc,,

Like i said i have been pulled over LOTS and only received 1 ticket and that was for Speeding Very Very fast! But have gotten out of speeding before by doing some of these things I feel helped.

If you have nothing to hide, just be calm and curtius, it will help! I'm sure the officers on here will agree.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like i said i have been pulled over LOTS...

I take the opposite approach ... been pulled over once in 15 years; registration out of date due to mixup in changing plates around, didn't send me a renewal - before HCP. No ticket anyway, of course.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
I take the opposite approach ... been pulled over once in 15 years; registration out of date due to mixup in changing plates around, didn't send me a renewal - before HCP. No ticket anyway, of course.

- OS

Same boat. I've been pulled over only a couple times since I started driving at 15. I haven't been pulled over since I got my HCP which is about 3 years now I believe.

Guest archerdr1

yeah, I think that it always makes the officer feel better if he DIDN'T need to pull you over, then you wouldn't get pulled over and you would save all that time.

Guest archerdr1

oh, but I have been pulled over a couple of times in the last 5 years. Got a ticket on both of them. Paid one, went to court and got the speed reduced in the other. that was a good thing too... 70 in a 45mph C-Zone. Dropped it to 55 in a 45...no pts!

Guest JayMc

When I stopped to fill up this evening three deputies were at the gas station. I asked their opinion on the subject. They quickly said "no secrets, no problems". They were very nice, but all said that no LEO likes to be surprised when he/she runs your DL. One went so far as to say if somebody doesn't mention it immediately and he finds out after running the DL it makes for a tense situation.

I haven't been pulled over in a long time, but when it happens again I'll tell him about the HCP and whether or not I'm armed. I can't think of a reason not to.