Blazing Saddles

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Guess I'm the minority but I never found that style of humor... humorous. Its an ok movie that got a couple chuckles but never a real laugh from me. :hat:

One of the best comedy/parody movies ever made. Mel Brooks is a comedic genius.

The casting was top notch. The movie could not be made today. Too politically incorrect.

I saw it was on last night on AMC but only watched it for a moment. They edit the crap out of it. The lines that are edited affect the content. It is most worthy of being in any DVD collection. I have it and sometimes pop it in when I see it is on AMC.

The one-liners in it are priceless.

Candy Gram for Mongo,

Candy Gram for Mongo.

Mongo like candy.

Anyone else see Alex Karris flinch right before he opens the box of candy?

Guest VolDaddy

I have always wondered about the OX with yes on one side of his ass and no on the other. Can someone please explain this to me. This is my alltime favorite movie. I can remember taking the tour of Graceland, on the tour on "The Lisa Marie"(Elvis's Plane). They said Elvis like to watch Blazing Saddles. it was one of his favorites also.

"The sheriff is a (LOUD CHURCHBELLS)

"What'd he say?"

"He said the sheriff is near."

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

Mike,

I rarely bother watching it on TV for the same reasons--it's just not the same movie. I gotta pick it up on DVD someday.

Guest dkirby
I have always wondered about the OX with yes on one side of his ass and no on the other. Can someone please explain this to me.

Same here.

Also my favorite movie. I know the words to about the first ten minutes of the movie. That makes me cool :hat:

Guest db99wj

I almost started to watch that, but the editing....:hat:

I watched Old School with Will Ferrel. It was edited as well.

Didn't get to see what killed Old Blue....

Guest BubKz

When the movie was made, it was fairly common to see Semi Trailers marked Yes/No as a reminder which side was safe to pass on.

Man, I feel old, now.

Guest mustangdave
Guess I'm the minority but I never found that style of humor... humorous. Its an ok movie that got a couple chuckles but never a real laugh from me. :hiding:

bkelm18...had his "body noises" crude humor function modified or removed at an early age. We're sorry dude...Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are classic sight gag and potty humor movies...can't go wrong

Guest mustangdave
One of the all time classic comedys.The Bad News Bears is another movie that could not be made verbatim today.

They TRIED...with Billy Bob Thorton...and it SUCKED:poop:

Guest SUNTZU
Guess I'm the minority but I never found that style of humor... humorous. Its an ok movie that got a couple chuckles but never a real laugh from me. :hiding:

This from the guy with all the dead baby jokes. :P

Guest bkelm18
bkelm18...had his "body noises" crude humor function modified or removed at an early age. We're sorry dude...Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are classic sight gag and potty humor movies...can't go wrong

Well I guess in my defense I've only seen the TV version which I gather has been edited heavily. I'll have to rent it to make a final judgement.