Is it just me.....

I don't know why, but I get slightly aggravated at these people who are using the fear of a possible/likely ban as a sale tactic/pitch.

I've noticed some gun ads - even on some firearms related websites - where the seller is actually using lines like "You better buy it today, because Obama is banning them tomorrow" and "This will be your last chance, because this ban will be permanent".

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I find it very irritating.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900

Just once I'd like to see someone using that tactic and sell something at a cut throat price. Be kinda neat to low ball all the other crooks and use their sales pitch to boot!

Guest coldblackwind

Tactic or not, its pretty much a fact the prices are increasing (mostly because of the fear instilled by both recent events, and these tactics), and if the ban does come back into effect, they will only increase further. It is irritating, but when it comes right down to it, they are making money off this tactic, or they wouldn't be doing it, so there isn't much point in taking it too hard, because its likely to only get worse. Its one of them there self fulfilling prophecies. They tell everyone "get one now, while the prices are still reasonable", so everyone rushes out to get what they want, which in turn, raises the prices, which proves their point, which draws in more people, and so on, and so forth. The result is, they become right from the results of the very fear they inspired, prices keep increasing as more people believe in it, and the guns get harder and harder to find (especially for a reasonable price). Then, if the ban does go back into effect...well...the prices are already really high, and the supplies are already drying up, so take a wild guess at where things go from there.

Tactic or not, its pretty much a fact the prices are increasing (mostly because of the fear instilled by both recent events, and these tactics), and if the ban does come back into effect, they will only increase further. It is irritating, but when it comes right down to it, they are making money off this tactic, or they wouldn't be doing it, so there isn't much point in taking it too hard, because its likely to only get worse. Its one of them there self fulfilling prophecies. They tell everyone "get one now, while the prices are still reasonable", so everyone rushes out to get what they want, which in turn, raises the prices, which proves their point, which draws in more people, and so on, and so forth. The result is, they become right from the results of the very fear they inspired, prices keep increasing as more people believe in it, and the guns get harder and harder to find (especially for a reasonable price). Then, if the ban does go back into effect...well...the prices are already really high, and the supplies are already drying up, so take a wild guess at where things go from there.

Yes, the prices are a bit irritating, but the prices weren't the point of my post. I was talking more about the scary phrases that some folks are placing into their ads.

Guest coldblackwind

That's what I was getting at. That was kind of a long, convoluted reply though wasn't it? :D Anyways, those phrases are annoying, but the dealers are making money off of them, so its unlikely they will stop anytime soon. In fact, its likely to get worse as more people realize the ban is being brought about again, and more dealers realize they can capitalize on it. Also, using phrases like the ones in question not only keep the prices high, they help them raise even higher, by inspiring even more fear, thus spelling even more profit for the dealers.