Have you ever wondered if WallyWorlds employes know???

Guest Tn.Mitch

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JeepMonkey
I play 'find the gun' even at church. It makes for some fun conversations with the wifey on the way home -- Guess who was heavy today?
My pastor has packed on Sunday morning before. In the pulpit. I :screwy: y'all not.
Guest JeepMonkey

My current g/f thought I was just happy to see her on our first date. With my 2.25" SP101 in my pocket, I don't know if that was a good or bad observation...

Guest betobeto

I carry every day no matter what. The only place you really ever may need to show your permit is when driving in the car and get stopped. Other than that people just don't have a clue. Wear your gun on your hip with confidence. The average person probably will just passes you off for a cop. If you have it concealed no one is going to look you up and down trying to see if you are armed or even know what to look for. For example, I wear my Kel-tec on the inside of my lower right leg when a gun on the hip will be to uncomfortable for the day. I can't even tell I've got a gun on or see even a print. I usually carry a full size 1911 IWB tuckable and I've never had anyone even know it was there unless I told them. Look at it this way. Do you think you look shady when you have a gun on? If the answer is yes, then other people will think the same. Its all about demeanor, not whether you are armed or not. Its the same as being able to pick the stoned idiots out of a crowed because they look scared **** less with their eyes darting around and blood shot.

My current g/f thought I was just happy to see her on our first date. With my 2.25" SP101 in my pocket, I don't know if that was a good or bad observation...

Would probably depend on whether you "measured up" to the 2.25" barrel.

Guest justme
I don't worry about carrying in Wal Mart. I have my permit. Any questions, I'd show them my permit. If they didn't like that, I'd have no other choice but to leave. :rolleyes:

and you're also free to take your money elsewhere if they decide they don't want you in the store with a firearm...

remember--companies need our money more than we need their products...the people have the power--remember--we the customers choose who stays in business and who folds, and we do it simply by refusing to shop in their stores..

I love the Wal-Mart spy game. I have spotted and photographed the elusive Uncle Mike's, Hi-Point, HCP badge on a white trash moron combo and even posted it here!

I normally conceal everywhere, but I've run into gas stations and such leaving work and not bothered to cover. One lady just stared at it so I smiled and said "It's ok, she doesn't bite." To my surprise she laughed.

Wal-mart is just great for people observations anyway lol

Guest archerdr1

I think it is like a wedding ring. I can always tell a newly wed by watching him play with his ring... in the same way I can always tell a new permit holder by watching him play with his holster. I caught myself doing it when i first started carrying mine.

Guest JeepMonkey
... in the same way I can always tell a new permit holder by watching him play with his holster. I caught myself doing it when i first started carrying mine.
For the longest time I thought I was the only one who caught myself doing that. Heck, there are times I still do it unknowingly.

It was worse the other day when I got my AR lower. I went through the house, S.W.A.T. team-style. Oh, and I haven't even ordered the upper receiver yet...

...maybe I do need a new hobby as my g/f asserts.

Edited by JeepMonkey
Guest archerdr1

The only time I ever do it now is when I go into bilo, I am sorry I really have a hard time leaving my gun in my car where it can get broken into. I am always a little nervous that the barrel of my Ruger P345 is showing and that someone will see it and say something.

I really don't care if my weapon is spotted by anyone.I am not a criminal nor am I breaking the law. I carry my 5" Para SSP OTW in a Don Hume holster 80% of the time,and I have a weapon on me 100% of the time it might not be a firearm ,but there is one close.Now if I need to be concealed and no one needs to know I have a firearm I Carry my Kimber Ultra Carry II tucked in the waist.Have I carried into places where I shouldn't have,I don't know:rolleyes: but I felt safe while I was in there.

Guest archerdr1

well, I was under the impression that it was not legally allowed in BiLo, that is the only reason i would get a little nervous. I don't mind if they see it, but at the same time, I carry concealed so that they DON'T see it. I would rather nobody know it is there unless I need it. And, if I need it, they will sure be glad it is there! That is why at church, the only people that know that I carry are the Pastor, the Elders, and my wife and of course ME. That is all that need to know, that way nobody feels uncomfortable (as stupid as it is to feel that way, some idiots do) and I and the Church leadership do feel comfortable. The pastor even refers to me to the elders/deacons as the "Security Guard". I sit in the back right around the corner from the door...great vantage point!

Edited by archerdr1
Guest archerdr1

Mine is a small church. No balcony, but where I sit, I would be shooting straight towards the back and away from any people! Anyone in the Red Bank area, let me know if you would like to join me, I could use some backup!

well, I was under the impression that it was not legally allowed in BiLo, ..

What on earth gave you the impression you can't carry in a supermarket?

Heck, I've carried in your BiLos down there, and I live in Knoxville.

- OS

Guest archerdr1

I read the sign that says "store hours....." and at the Bottom "Shirt &shoes required, no weapons, no pets." I had carried in there many times before I saw that sign, I guess I shouldn't have looked so hard. and the writing is about that size too!

I read the sign that says "store hours....." and at the Bottom "Shirt &shoes required, no weapons, no pets." I had carried in there many times before I saw that sign, I guess I shouldn't have looked so hard. and the writing is about that size too!

Well, then I wouldn't worry about a concealed heater, sign isn't "legit" regardless of its size.

But it'll be tough to conceal even a small dog.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
mistyped "tough"
Guest archerdr1

well, I am glad to have learned that. I did send a letter to the corporation explaining the stupidity of their policy...never heard back from them though.

well, I am glad to have learned that. I did send a letter to the corporation explaining the stupidity of their policy...never heard back from them though.

Not the thing to do re a non-compliant notice, many threads onsite re this.

Would you feel better when they put up a totally LEGAL sign so that no one could carry in a BiLo in Chattanooga?

- OS

Guest archerdr1
Not the thing to do re a non-compliant notice, many threads onsite re this.

Would you feel better when they put up a totally LEGAL sign so that no one could carry in a BiLo in Chattanooga?

- OS

no, I told them that I definitely would not be back in ANY BiLo again. I said I would take my business to WalMart or Food Lion...I have gone back in, but only on VERY rare occasions...and they don't know that!

unless the sign was specific with the proper posting per TN law, just carry on and keep it to yourself. i have never seen that BS sign at any Bi-Lo. remember, the sign has got to be what the law says. just a no weapon or a gun with the slash through it does not mean anything. it does not mean they might not say anything if your discovered to be carrying. all they can do is ask you to leave and at that point, your ass better be out the door yesterday.

Guest SUNTZU
Well, then I wouldn't worry about a concealed heater, sign isn't "legit" regardless of its size.

But it'll be tough to conceal even a small dog.

- OS

cagney.jpg

Whadda ya hear! Whadda ya say! Signs not legit, see? mmmnnyaaa

:tough: