Have you ever wondered if WallyWorlds employes know???

Guest Tn.Mitch

Guest Tn.Mitch

That most every day in some little town,in some state in this great country of ours,a person,walkings in to the local Wallyworld, shaking in there boots,with a new gun on there hip,and a new CCL card burning a hole in there pocket,checking themeslves out ,evey few seconds to see if there printing,shifting there clothes and there holster,hoping to blend in with all the sheep...after waiting for months for that very day to come???Ive never saw this question before on other fourms.If they know,I bet they think,WHY US,???,.Why not Home Depot??? rofl.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That most every day in some little town,in some state in this great country of ours,a person,walkings in to the local Wallyworld, shaking in there boots,with a new gun on there hip,and a new CCL card burning a hole in there pocket,checking themeslves out ,evey few seconds to see if there printing,shifting there clothes and there holster,hoping to blend in with all the sheep...after waiting for months for that very day to come???Ive never saw this question before on other fourms.If they know,I bet they think,WHY US,???,.Why not Home Depot??? rofl.gif

they just want to go home....they dont look at customers more than they have too. my wife works at wal-mart lol

Guest mcclearypl

People do not look at other people very close unless they are trained to. I carried everyday for years and police officers that knew me well were surprised when they found out. Most people new to CCW worry way to much out being found out and

end up being their own worst enemy. Remember it's all a conspiracy anyway!!!

:D

Edited by mcclearypl
old fart cant type and left out a "y"
Guest crotalus01

I have OCed many many times at Wally World, the last time I was in one 2 weeks ago I was buying ammo, the guy at the ammo ounter looked at me and asked, "Didnt they ask you to check your gun at the entrance?" I said no and he smiled, shook his head and said "They just let you waltz right in here with a loaded gun on your hip? Noone asked you to check it?" At this point my stepfather interrupted and said "Dou you really think its a good idea for him to turn over a loaded gun with no external safety to a WalMart employee who probably knows nothing about guns?" The guy paused, shrugged his shoulders and said, "Well, I guess thats a good point". I then informed him what Walmart corporate policy was regarding carrying in their stores andcompleted my transaction without further incident :D

I'd be surprised if anyone at WW actually looked for CC customers. So many people carry cell phones on their hips nowadays that if someone does notice a bulge under someone's shirt, they probably think it's some sort of PDA or other electronic gadget.

I have OCed many many times at Wally World, the last time I was in one 2 weeks ago I was buying ammo, the guy at the ammo ounter looked at me and asked, "Didnt they ask you to check your gun at the entrance?" I said no and he smiled, shook his head and said "They just let you waltz right in here with a loaded gun on your hip? Noone asked you to check it?" At this point my stepfather interrupted and said "Dou you really think its a good idea for him to turn over a loaded gun with no external safety to a WalMart employee who probably knows nothing about guns?" The guy paused, shrugged his shoulders and said, "Well, I guess thats a good point". I then informed him what Walmart corporate policy was regarding carrying in their stores andcompleted my transaction without further incident :D

WOW:screwy:...thats crazy.

I carry everyday, and like most people, I find myself in Wally World quite often. Like there is a driving force much greater than I drawing me to the place :usa:....I have open carried, grocery shopped, picked up ammo, just act like any other patron...never an incident...there is a theory, that sometimes the most obvious, is the least obvious....Dress nice, carry yourself well, act responsible, make eye contact with people, speak first...all of these things...you ease peoples minds rather than rattle their nerves...to the original post as to why WallyWorld and not Home Depot?.....AMMO (what they have left)!....

Guest marine77
I carry everyday, and like most people, I find myself in Wally World quite often. Like there is a driving force much greater than I drawing me to the place :usa:....I have open carried, grocery shopped, picked up ammo, just act like any other patron...never an incident...there is a theory, that sometimes the most obvious, is the least obvious....Dress nice, carry yourself well, act responsible, make eye contact with people, speak first...all of these things...you ease peoples minds rather than rattle their nerves...to the original post as to why WallyWorld and not Home Depot?.....AMMO (what they have left)!....

+1

Guest JeepMonkey
Nobody pays that much atention to onother walking in Wally World, unless you have a permit & trying to see if you can pick one out of the crowd.:usa:
I pick one out every time I go to the one on Gallaher View...

Yeah like I would give my gun to anyone other than an officer and only if I thought he had a good reason for asking for it! On my job I work in several wallys and have noticed a few carrying but as far as I know all they can do is ask you to leave or take it to your vehicle if someone complains about it and I dont really think anyone would. ( Hey you, you have a gun and I dont like it I am going to tell someone) if that person is not legally packing would that be smart:screwy:

When I first started carrying, I used to look around to see if I could spot others carrying. I possibly made one or two, with "fanny packs," but that's about it. Now, instead of looking for permit folks, I just try to see who might turn out to be a "bad guy." Not many of those either.

When I first started carrying, I used to look around to see if I could spot others carrying. I possibly made one or two, with "fanny packs," but that's about it. Now, instead of looking for permit folks, I just try to see who might turn out to be a "bad guy." Not many of those either.

+100. Me 2.

+100. Me 2.

Edited by Farman
delete
Guest DylisTN

I carried a Makarov in my front right pockett for 2 weeks, before my wife noticed. Had carried in the house, it came off at night with pants and back on in the morning with pants. I thought it stuck out and was obvious to all.

Then in car she reached over and patted my leg. Pulled back like she been bitten. Did not beleve that I had that in my pockett for 2 weeks.

2 points:

My wife and I are getting old

Nobody cares what you have in your pockett

Guest malbolja

I almost NEVER go to Walmart. Like once every 2 years - I can't stand the place. Guess where I ended up (totally by coincidence) my first day of CCW? :hat:

And HECK YES I was paranoid!

Guest Tn.Mitch
I almost NEVER go to Walmart. Like once every 2 years - I can't stand the place. Guess where I ended up (totally by coincidence) my first day of CCW? :D

And HECK YES I was paranoid!

:lol::wave:
Guest Battzglock
I carry everyday, and like most people, I find myself in Wally World quite often. Like there is a driving force much greater than I drawing me to the place :)....I have open carried, grocery shopped, picked up ammo, just act like any other patron...never an incident...there is a theory, that sometimes the most obvious, is the least obvious....Dress nice, carry yourself well, act responsible, make eye contact with people, speak first...all of these things...you ease peoples minds rather than rattle their nerves...to the original post as to why WallyWorld and not Home Depot?.....AMMO (what they have left)!....

Very well stated...and statistically speaking, quite true.

For me that bodes two fold....my high and tight coupled with that very approach [which I have always practiced]generally produces results and responses that tells me people either think I am LE or "other"...though I am "other" I never tell them what nor do I let them think I am anything in particular.....most folks can be placed at rest quite easily.

As always, it is the loud-mouthed, crap dressing, greaseball, smart ass that gives a bad name.

Also, people just don't notice or are not trained to notice.

Had a vendor at the Smyrna show yesterday ask me if I wanted a Glock to go with my Glock fleece I had on. Told him no, that I had all the Glocks I needed for right now. He said, "Well, I don't see it...to which I replied then that is the very art of concealed isn't it?

He didn't get it.

Edited by Battzglock
Guest JeepMonkey
Had a vendor at the Smyrna show yesterday ask me if I wanted a Glock to go with my Glock fleece I had on. Told him no, that I had all the Glocks I needed for right now. He said, "Well, I don't see it...to which I replied then that is the very art of concealed isn't it?

He didn't get it.

:shrug:
Guest Rando
I carried a Makarov in my front right pockett for 2 weeks, before my wife noticed. Had carried in the house, it came off at night with pants and back on in the morning with pants. I thought it stuck out and was obvious to all.

Then in car she reached over and patted my leg. Pulled back like she been bitten. Did not beleve that I had that in my pockett for 2 weeks.

2 points:

My wife and I are getting old

Nobody cares what you have in your pockett

Hey she patted your leg your doing good,then again if it spooked her huh wonder what that nocked you out of:cool: oh well maybe next time.

TIP next time try the other pocket;)

I doubt they even pay attention but I did get a chuckle out of the why us.

I have OCed many many times at Wally World, the last time I was in one 2 weeks ago I was buying ammo, the guy at the ammo ounter looked at me and asked, "Didnt they ask you to check your gun at the entrance?" I said no and he smiled, shook his head and said "They just let you waltz right in here with a loaded gun on your hip? Noone asked you to check it?" At this point my stepfather interrupted and said "Dou you really think its a good idea for him to turn over a loaded gun with no external safety to a WalMart employee who probably knows nothing about guns?" The guy paused, shrugged his shoulders and said, "Well, I guess thats a good point". I then informed him what Walmart corporate policy was regarding carrying in their stores andcompleted my transaction without further incident ;)

I thought Walmart's Corp policy was they didn't mind carrying as long as it was concealed.

I hardly go to Walmart other than in and out, but at my part time job at a electronic store I've seen some people come in OC'ing and some concealing but not doing a good job. I even had one guy come in with a glock tucked in his waist. Since I was helping him I was like so what type of glock is that, he told me and how he had his permit. I just looked at him like :drama: you're carrying a glock mexican style and cross draw.Started to ask him was it loaded but was scared he would've been like no see here look and *pow* LOL Saw one guy who had 1911 and had it covered with a vest but I'm pretty positive he wanted it to be seen by the way he kept moving so his vest would move to allow his weapon to show