J & M Pawn on Lee HWY

Guest TJones8611

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abailey362

i havent tried to bargain with them. i have my main place or two to buy from and will only try from somewhere else if they have something used that I can't get from the normals.

nothing there has caught my eye, unless you count the high prices on C&R stuff

I spent about 45 min in there on a walk about 3 weeks ago.

Pretty nice folks...I didn't try to dicker any, but we did discuss couple of High Point carbines he had; I believe they were $255 or so - he said he had right at the $225 MSRP price in one including shipping.

So I'm guessing he doesn't get much a bargain price with the limited ordering power he commands.

Everything was about 10-15% higher than best prices at say, Coal Creek in Knoxville, but still not as outrageous as some pawn shops, and not the worst selection in the world either. He had quite a few wheelies,for example.

- OS

I went in there a few weeks ago and yea they seemed a bit over piced and I did not bother trying haggle with them.

If you are in the Chattanooga area GT distributors is by far the way to go. GT's is in GA but they have a deal with a pawn shot across the state line that will do the transfer.

The only bad thing about GT's is they cant sell Glock, Sig, or Springfield to the public.

So next time I am looking for a Glock I may try and haggle with J and M

I went in there a few weeks ago and yea they seemed a bit over piced and I did not bother trying haggle with them.

If you are in the Chattanooga area GT distributors is by far the way to go. GT's is in GA but they have a deal with a pawn shot across the state line that will do the transfer.

The only bad thing about GT's is they cant sell Glock, Sig, or Springfield to the public.

So next time I am looking for a Glock I may try and haggle with J and M

Try to haggle with Skip's. He's got a Glock order coming in and about to place a Sig order.

I just got a Para .45 Todd Jarrett from him so that takes me out of the market for a while.

The way things are going I'm having a real hard time trying to fulfill the government mandated one gun a month.:tough::rolleyes:

I dropped by J&M today to check them out. I sure hope they haggle on prices because they were quite high on their used guns.

How they get off selling S&W 442s for $475 and finding buyers is beyond me. They can be had for $100 less less than 15 minutes away. They did have a nice used Marlin 336 there, but it was priced higher than new ones at Sportsman's warehouse, walmart, and Dick's SG. Same with the Ruger 10/22.

Did end up looking down the wrong end of a couple of Glocks, but that was more the customer's fault than the store owners.Did hear them telling two people that they don't want a Springfield XD...the Glock is far superior.

I sure do miss Darr's shop