Does anyone here carry a 30sf

the end

I'm looking at picking one up as my new ccw, and was just wondering if anyone here carried one IWB. How comfortable is it... is it too thick?

Also, i'd love to buy from a local brick and mortar, but just can't justify the high price when i could get it online for much less. Does anyone have any suggestions of some good gun shops around the franklin/nashville area? Better yet does anyone have a 30sf that they'd like to get rid of?

thanks guys

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns for America.

They are on Powell Avenue across from the N.G. Armory. I normally see them at Goodman's and RK Shows. They have, by far, the lowest prices I have seen on Glocks in the area....at gunshows or brick and mortar. If he doesnt have one in stock, he will order it for you. I have bought at least 6 guns from him in the past year.

Phone Number is 615-463-3633

Ehrin

Guest VolGrad

I carry a regular G30 quite frequently in a Comp-Tac CTAC. It is the same thickness as the SF. The only difference is the grip depth front-to-back. I don't think it is too thick at all and I am not a big guy. I alternate carry between the G30 and a G19 and really can't tell a difference in the thickness once I strap it on.

If you think about it, the extra thickness is no more than an extra shirt tucked into your pants.

The G30 is also my primary carry weapon. I usually carry in a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster that I shortened for a better fit. Don't really like inside the pants carry.

Can you put some pictures on this thread of your gun and holster? I was wanting to find a good OWB rig, but the Serpa didn't look like it could be easily modified to make it worth cutting up a $50+ holster. If you can't post them here, email me with the pics please. I'm very interested in what you did, how it looks and fits, ect... Thanks. bnagashima@yahoo.com

Guest SPD223

I ordered a Fist #K1 kydex for my g30 and just recieved it in the mail today. I got the inside/outside adapters so the holster can worn IWB or OWB and has a tension screw for the weapon. After adjusting the holster, I have worn it IWB for about 3 hours now here at the house, and I have to say I am very well pleased with it. The kydex is really thin (not alot of extra thickness ) and fits the weapon well and has more than enough adjustments for for different cants, hight, etc.. You can even reverse the cant and turn the holster into a crossdraw. Highly recomend checking them out.

It's definately not the prettiest holster out there, but it seems to work really well, especially for a thick pistol like the g30.

Guest Tennessee Jed

I've just started carrying a G20, same thickness as the G30, but a bit longer in the slide and the grip.

I was worried about whether the thickness and length of the G20 would be too difficult to conceal, but it isn't for me. Holster choice, I think, made all the difference. After a ton of research I settled on a Comp-Tac MTAC, very much like the Crossbreed mentioned above. That type of holster seems to pull the butt in close better than other IWB's I've used.

Now, I'm also a big guy, about 6'6", around 280. So, your mileage may vary.