Goin' to the HCP Class!

Guest VolMickey

Guest VolMickey

The Mrs. and I are going to the HCP class here in town tomorrow! It's going to be a kick in the butt to do together, plus it's just a great way to exercise our 2A rights.

Friends tell me I'm nuts to "arm my wife" :cool:, especially because she's a damn good shot already, but it's been a great thing to do together.

Before this gets to be to mushy, let me just say I'm excited! Wish us (and me) luck. :x:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VolMickey
Enjoy the class. I tried to get my wife to take it when I did but, no. I wish you both luck and may neither of you ever need what you are carrying.

oldogy

Thank you, sir. Amen.

Guest johnmattwill

My wife and I took ours together.... Ive had my permit since Dec, she applied for hers yesterday and is gonna get fingerprinted this weekend.....

The wait for her begins............

I can still out shoot her anyday !!!! :koolaid: (if she reads this, Im on the couch tonight!)

I had a lot of fun taking the class even though it was a bit long and tedious at times (especially if you know anything about guns already). Nevertheless, carrying a gun is a very serious responsibility so I made sure I maximized the learning opportunity.

Also, I think my wife is now interested in going so she can get her carry permit. I'm cool with that. She's very cute and petite and I worry about her safety given some of the nuts out there.

Guest VolMickey

Back from the class today! :up:

Great experience and a lot of fun. Darrell, our rangemaster and instructor at the Jackson Indoor Shooting Range in Jackson, TN was hilarious and could answer any question asked. Class was 24 folks total; 8 were women. We shot 18 from 3 yards, 18 from 7 yards, and 12 from 15 yards (6 shots at a time). I shot 47/48 and my Mrs. shot 46/48 - not bad for only her 3rd time at the range, ever. :love: It was my 4th or 5th, can't recall.

I recommend doing the HCP class if you haven't yet and recommend Darrell, as well. He's doing a home protection course next week. Might do that later in the year. For now, it's on to the DOS for the HCP paperwork...

:tinfoil:(Of course, we would never carry in a place that serves alcohol)

Edited by VolMickey