Can't decide on a .308...

BrandonTN

I bought a case of the Radway Green .308, but now I need something to shoot it out of. The Savage 10fp is nice, but I want something that is semi-auto, not bolt action. After checking out the M1As at Hero Gear, I am in love with those, but just want to make sure I am not missing something else. Other options that come to mind are a FAL, PTR91, some variation of a .308 AR....what else? I thought about a converted Saiga .308, but love my 7.62 and want something a bit different. I keep going back to the Springfield M1A though...

My best bet would probably be spending some more time at HG fondling a bunch of options, but feedback from owners of other .308 options is always appreciated!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gcrookston

I have an M1a NM (M-21 custom built), and I'm eyeing the FN auto loader down there at HeroGear (the new one, not the FNFAL), did you miss it? I hope so. That is my next .308 rifle

dsc001071jp2.jpg

Edited by gcrookston
Guest gcrookston
Oh yea, as gcrookston mentioned, add that FNAR to my list, preferably the heavy barrel. As far as specific purpose of this weapon...none other than to shoot at the range and leave a big smile on my face.

Brandon, then it is up to you to save me from the temptation. Go this morning down to Joe's and take that FN home before something bad happens to my home life.:D Then call me. We'll go shooting and I'll bring my SASS, M1A and bolt gun. If the FN doesn't work for you, we'll work something out.:screwy:

Guest Traumaslave

Big +1 for the PTR.

You can go fondling all you want but, perhaps you can pull a trigger or two or three at the next Prentice Cooper meet. I always bring my PTR, I"m sure we can drum up a Garand.

Edited by Traumaslave

I have a DPMS LR308 and a Federal Ordinance M1A. After shooting them both I really prefer the DPMS. I would sell the Federal Ordinance if you are interested (it is a pre 8000 serial numbered gun which USGI parts were used and has 20 documented rounds through it). PM if your interested.

Saigas .308 AK Variant would be interesting.

Saiga 308 is prolly my next firearm. I have the Saiga 12 and an AK already, so im trying to keep my russian/eastern euro theme going here.

Would be fun to do the conversion of the 308 as well.

Guest hickok

Another vote for the M1-A. I'd let my AR-15's go before I'd sell my M1-A. In fact, I've thought of trading an AR for the shorter M1-A Scout.

Guest Mikek

I just got done with the same dilemma. I love th 308 and wanted a semi auto. I looked at the FN ar rifles. Piston driven and very accurate. Magazine availability is a huge problem. Considered a m1a, but finally decided on a DPMS ar10. It shoots great and is very accurate. I love it. Good luck on your new purchase.:shrug: