Wyoming Drops Tenn. and Several More States From Reciprocity

You don’t have to worry about that either; they can’t. That is why the SCOTUS stopped short in the Heller decision. States Rights trumps the 2nd amendment. The Federal government will never force a state, any state, to allow firearm carry unless the state wants to allow it.

I figure you are right....

...and as much as I'd like to be able to carry in all 50 states, I don't want the feds to be the ones trying to get it done...:D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I support a national law where all states have to recognize a CCW issued anywhere.

Also still write the Wyoming Govenors office (politly) that you think this AG is a pinhead. Maybe Gov Dave will fire him.

I don't like the idea of national oversight of handgun permits at all.

sounds good at first but then it makes it real easy to nationally ban all carry with one law as opposed to changing all the states laws.

Guest JeepMonkey
sounds good at first but then it makes it real easy to nationally ban all carry with one law as opposed to changing all the states laws.
Really it's no easier than it is now. All it takes is Congress to moonlight a bill through to Obama's pen. Each Administration has such; for Obama it was the Spendulus.
Really it's no easier than it is now. All it takes is Congress to moonlight a bill through to Obama's pen. Each Administration has such; for Obama it was the Spendulus.

Yes it would be. Considering it would be a way to circumvent Heller, which ATM, Obama's pen can't touch. Governments don't generally take power in large grabs but rather in backdoor legislation that looks like one thing but opens a door to another, ie "Stimulus" bill.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't go back and read through this whole thread.. but the state of Wy has recinded their previous stance and reinstated those states that were dropped.

Here is the link.

http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/CWP.html

I found this on www.handgunlaw.us , the site Fallguy posted. It was an udate to the Wyoming decision.

Wyoming [2/22/09] Wyoming Recognition Boondoggle:

Due to an overwhelmingly negative response from gun owners both in and outside Wyoming, an attempt made earlier this week to drastically limit Wyoming’s Right-to-Carry Reciprocity statute has been suspended for the time being, once again restoring the original Right-to-Carry Reciprocity statute. This break will allow the NRA to review the current statute and develop a plan to bring a bill before the Wyoming State Legislature during the next legislative session to ensure that this never happens again to law-abiding citizens in Wyoming…

I figured the fine citizens of Wyoming wouldn't tolerate that. I went to Yellowstone back in October and fell in love with Wyoming, Utah, Idaho. Although I'll never move from Tennessee that's one area I could live, a cabin on a hill with a view of the Grand Tetons out my front window.

Edited by K191145