NEW ENGLAND FIREARMS

Guest mustangdave

Guest mustangdave

Just curious...anyone had any experience with these weapons? I checked out their web site seems like all they offer are single shot rifles and shotguns. DICK'S Sporting Goods has a shotgun from these folks they claim is for HOME DEFENSE...friends of ours are wanting a home def shotgun...I've suggested Rem 870 and Mossy 500/590...even used ones...and :tinfoil:even a NORINCO "Hawk" which is an 870 knoc-off. So...any good/bad/indifferent stuff about NEW ENGLAND FIREARMS?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought an NEF Pardner Pump 12 last year. Version with 28" barrel and walnut stock. IMHO it the best deal on a new shotgun there is. Internally it is an 870. Action is as smooth as an 870. The bolt is chromed and the only plastic on it is the mag plug. Uses standard screw-in choke tubes.

They also have that home defense version with the synthetic stock you're talking about. I don't think you could go wrong with it.

But a word of caution, although it's an 870 design barrels may or may not be interchangeable so may be limited on accessorizing.

One downside: They are made in China. Take that as you may but the quality is top-notch.

I've got a .410 Pardner that I absolutely love. $105 brand new at Wal-Mart. Best value for the money in my entire collection.

That being said, I would never use a single-shot break-action for HD. There are too many good pump-actions out there for less than $300.

ETA: Found the line of Pardner pumps: http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/pardnerPump.asp They've got a lot more options than they used to. As Garufa has already stated, it would seem to be a pretty good deal.

Edited by Seaslug
Just curious...anyone had any experience with these weapons? I checked out their web site seems like all they offer are single shot rifles and shotguns. ..

What website?

They are part of H&R, now called "HR1871", which is owned by Marlin.

NEF Shotguns are here...all the "Pardner" in the left menu are "NEFs" as far as I know.

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/pardnerPump.asp

- OS

I and my father both own NEF Handi-rifles chambered in 45-70. I also bought him an NEF single shot shotgun so I could get my 870 wingmaster back from him that he was using as a snake gun around his house. All in all, we've both been very pleased with all three guns' performance.

Guest Astra900

The only thing I have now is a Marlin single shot 12g. It's just a NEF with some color case hardening and Marlins name stamped on it. It's great for what it is. In the past I have had 2 different handi rifles. A 45/70 -EXCELLENT and a 30/06 - VERY EXCELLENT. The 30/06 was very very accurate, to the point of being boringly accurate. I was amazed at how accurate that little booger was! I don't have any experience with the shotgun you mentioned, but I would bet it would be just fine.

Guest nitrous_mike

I picked up one of the 18" pardner protector 12's last year to use as a boat/truck gun for when I go to the bottoms. I managed to catch it on sale plus a couple more coupons long story short for the money you can not beat it. I got mine from Dick's for about 150 out the door FWIW.

I have 3 NEF/H&R singleshot shotguns. Two in .410 and one in 20 gauge. All with youth stocks. The H&R is for utility (read: pest guns) and for teaching youth. The three mentioned are the grandkids' shotguns when they come to visit grandpa. I myself started with an H&R 128 Topper in 20 gauge at 10 years old. That old gun brought home a lot of pheasants and rabbits from Ohio cornfields! It is still in use today!

One of the .410s does yeoman duty as my "yard gun" for snakes and skunks. I live in the country but still too close to other houses for any "heavy" artillery. I have a Youth Model .410 Pardner with the synthetic stock that is constantly at hand for "Varmints".

H&R even makes "starter" high power rifles and muzzleloaders. A great way to start young people without breaking the bank.