Glock 19 for EDC

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking of getting a Glock 19 for EDC. Anybody carry one out there? What are your thoughts. Should I be looking at the XD too?

Ok, I'll bite. What does EDC stand for? Everyday Defensive Carry??? (and yes I googled it first)

As far as the question, I have both and would strongly recommend looking at both then decide for yourself. Either way you won't go wrong

• Administrator

EDC = Every Day Carry

I have a Glock 19 and have no hesitation carrying it for defensive purposes. It's not my main carry piece right now, but it's one that I would go to at a moment's notice and never doubt it's potency, reliability or capability.

I have carried a G19 for many years. My first one was a Gen 1. I sold it and bought a Kahr P9. Much smaller so I thought I would like it better for EDC. WRONG!! I went out and bought another G19. I will never stray again. In fact, I just got shipping confirmation that my Miami Classic Shoulder rig is on the way. Christmas in February. Yea!

As everyone else has said, the G19 is a solid EDC. However, I would definitely try both before I bought anything. I don't think one is significantly better than the other, but chances are one is significantly better than the other in YOUR hand.

Thanks for the input. Right now I carry a 3in Kimber every day but I have been leaning toward a 9mm. Are there any downsides to carrying a G 19?

Your Kimber might get a little jealous and go on JMB rants, but I see no downside personally.

PLEASE don't let this turn into a 9mm vs. .45 debate...

I've had both the 19 and XD that I EDC. The XD is bulkier and heavier but not so much it is uncarriable. The 19 is about as perfect as it gets for a near fullsize carry piece. If they made a compact XD or M&P I'd go with those, but since they don't.... it's the 19.

Thanks for the input. Right now I carry a 3in Kimber every day but I have been leaning toward a 9mm. Are there any downsides to carrying a G 19?

The only downside to carying any Glock firearm is for the total and utter idiot who can't keep his(her?) finger off the trigger when drawing or holstering the sidearm. Those who fall into this catagory are the ones who have Glocks that "just go off". :eek:

Enjoy your G19. I've been a very happy Glock owner since I got my G30. I'm sure you will be one as well.