G19 4th Gen Anyone?

DavidD

Ok, I'm hooked. I've been contemplating a G19 to add to the collection. I already have a G34 so figured I'd stay with the 9mm however I saw a G22 RTF2 (Rough Textured Frame #2 I believe) version this past weekend at the RK Gun show. I really like the aggressive texture and hate to admit it but I'm suckered in by the cool looking chevron shaped serrations. Anyone know if this new version will be out soon in a G19?

G22RTF2-1.jpg

Edited by DavidD
Added Pic
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I'd probably be more inclined to buy a 4th generation G19 if the only tweak was the addition of the ambidextrous magazine release as neither the grip texture nor the funky slide serrations do much for me on a purely visual basis. I'd have to actually hold a 4th generation Glock to make a better decision.

I'd probably be more inclined to buy a 4th generation G19 if the only tweak was the addition of the ambidextrous magazine release as neither the grip texture nor the funky slide serrations do much for me on a purely visual basis. I'd have to actually hold a 4th generation Glock to make a better decision.

Yes, I had the same opinion when the picture was posted here a while back. Then I saw one Sunday and picked it up. Almost bought it however I really have my heart set on the G19. It felt like it damn near stuck to my hand. The "raised Pyramids" felt sharp, but not painful sharp by any means. I have smallish hands however I've never had a problem gripping a Glock before, this one just felt like I had a better grip.

Is this an actual 4th Gen Glock or an aftermarket thing that everyone calls the 4th Gen Glock?

It is truly from Glock, not aftermarket, but the 4th Gen thing is pure speculation as far as I know. Glock calls it "RTF2" as I mentioned in the OP but it would seem this is in fact a 4th (or 5th depending who you ask) Generation Glock.

Guest abailey362

i really don't like the way the new texture feels. if you were doing a lot of shooting or gaming, it feels so rough that it would hurt your hand.

i also agree that the serations would be better served the other direction, but i'm not austrian,..maybe it makes sense there

Guest Micromancer

I would just like to go on record as saying that I was completely wrong about the 4th gens. Previously, I admitted I was a completel Glock fanboy, and as such was overly biased towards them but nothing short of bribery would get me to consider purchasing a 4th gen.

I had the misfortune of handling one at Executive Protection in Tullahoma, and I have to recant that statement. I'd be glad to pay full price for one. The difference between the feel of a 4th gen and the others is dramatic.

Remember gentlemen, how a gun looks has nothing to do with its ability to do its job. Ugly serrarations on an ugly gun that performs without question is ok.

If you want a pretty gun this isn't for you. But the 4th gen frames actually made me use the word "comfortable" to describe them. Please handle one before you dismiss it.

To the OP, word on the street (and from Smyrna) is that the G17 RTF2 will be released soon, but there are no plans currently to release a G19 or G23. This is purely speculation on my part, but I would wager to guess that will change by the end of the year.

Haven't had the pleasure of gripping one yet, but if the rumors are true, I'm hoping that they sell well enough for Glock to expand the line. I have held off on making any plans to stipple my G29, just in case.

Oh, and the slide serrations are indeed pointed in the right direction. A tug against the grain forces the skin of the fingers to stretch outward toward the top and bottom of the slide, thus increasing the gripping surface (does that make sense without a diagram?). A pretty clever design if you ask me, even if it ain't all that pretty.

To each his own but from the 2 I have actually held the serrations would work better the other direction. Next time you get to actually hold one slide your fingers in both directions against the serrations and you will see for yourself. Also the bumps,triangles, or whatever else we are calling the grippy things on the grips feel terrible. They feel too sharp to me but that's just me.

I like the 3rd gen the best why mess with a good thing other than bring in more $$$$$$$.