Im Ordering first custom holster,How much Cant,5,10,15degrees?????

Guest Tn.Mitch

Guest Tn.Mitch

Im ordering my first custom Holster from Side Guard Holsters,Im getting a High Slide holster for my Glock 27,and Im not sure what cant to tell Erik to put in it, 10 , or 15, I wear it at 4:00 to 4:30,so it really needs cant.I dont like that 3:00 0 cant ,straight up and down, I have the Galco Summer Comfort,with the to snapps for your belt,and it has a really good cant,I have the Black Hawk Sepra belt holsters,where you can adjust the cant,with screws,but it doesent tell ya what degree,your setting it at???I put 15 degrees on the order form,bu im afraid thats too much, maybe 10 is enough??? They go from 0 to 5,10,15,20??? I have to chose.I need some of you guys with the experince,thats how ole DM says it.lol most of my holsters are single clip or snap loops so you can kinda adjust the cant if the loops arent tight on your belt,by tilting the holster,between you and your pants/belt pressure.The Summer Comfort Holster allready has cant made into it, sorry but I don know how to upload pics or id show ya.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

More cant, the better concealment of the handgun butt.

See my avatar ... that Bullard has about 12-15 degree naturally, and I've added at least five more by offsetting the clips (visualize by imagining them on belt), so I'd say I'm doing about 20 degree forward cant. Somewhere around 25 degrees, and my wrist/shoulder won't hardly bend enough to grab the gun without pain :D

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Im ordering my first custom Holster from Side Guard Holsters,Im getting a High Slide holster for my Glock 27,...sorry but I don know how to upload pics or id show ya.

highslide.JPG

Says 15 degrees max onsite.

You'll probably want that, my guess, especially since it's going to be behind your hip.

- OS

Guest RISC777

15, for me, has been the preferred cant, be it a non-adjusting holster and those that can be adjusted. You should be good/happy with the 15 degree you that ordered.

Guest Tn.Mitch
highslide.JPG

Says 15 degrees max onsite.

You'll probably want that, my guess, especially since it's going to be behind your hip.

- OS

Thats the holster Oh Shoot,do you think that that is a 15 dregree cant in that pic??,because unlike yours ,I wont be able to adjust it at all....

Thats the holster Oh Shoot,do you think that that is a 15 dregree cant in that pic??,because unlike yours ,I wont be able to adjust it at all....

Looks like 5 degrees max to me (holster bottom isn't perfectly aligned to edge of picture, kinda hard to tell, but certainly nowhere near to even 10).

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest Tn.Mitch
Looks like 5 degrees max to me (holster bottom isn't perfectly aligned to edge of picture, kinda hard to tell, but certainly nowhere near to even 10).

- OS

There are some pics of it in the customer pic section on the web site,I would post them here ,but dont know how yet,any way if you go http://www.sideguardholsters.com/Customer_Holster_Pics.htm you can see a guy wearing one he bought,looks like 0 cant to me,what yall think??? kust scroll down page till you see High Slide.:D

There are some pics of it in the customer pic section on the web site,I would post them here ,but dont know how yet,any way if you go http://www.sideguardholsters.com/Customer_Holster_Pics.htm you can see a guy wearing one he bought,looks like 0 cant to me,what yall think??? kust scroll down page till you see High Slide.:D

Looks about same to me, 0 to 5 degrees.

- OS