This sucks!!!

Guest BMcCoy

I bought a set of 1911 grips from a guy on another forum. They were springfield US grips. I was really looking forward to getting them. Well, here I am at work andd my wife calls to tell me that I got something in the mail. Then she goes on to tell me that the PLAIN WHITE ENVELOPE they were in was ripped in half. She says that the envelope and the single grip is in a plastic bag with and apology letter from the PO.THIS SUCKS. I am basically out $25.

Ben

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same thing happened when I ordered a trigger kit from XDGuys. Like dumba**es, they put it in a regular envelope. The trigger kit was part of a Group Buy, and almost everyone rceived a package similar to yours. Envelope was ripped open, and most of the contents were missing.

I'd have a talk with the person who sold/shipped the grips.

I sent him an email explaining what happened. The one problem I see is the fact that I have only a couple of posts at the other board. He could say that I am trying to screw him. Which I understand. I would feel that way. Maybe he will come thru. Your right triple, it was STUPID to put the grips in a regular envelope. It would have cost $.50 to put it in a padded one.

Ben

I paid thru paypal. I don't think he is willing to refund anything. I got a response from him about the problem, and he said that he would help any way he could if I wanted to take it up with the PO. I haven't pushed the issue of a refund yet. I am going to take pictures when I get home from work in the morning and send them to him. I personally would make it right if that had happened. As a matter of fact, I have made more expensive problems right before. But as I said, I haven't pushed it yet. I want to see if he is willing to do anything.

Ben

I paid thru paypal. I don't think he is willing to refund anything. I got a response from him about the problem, and he said that he would help any way he could if I wanted to take it up with the PO. I haven't pushed the issue of a refund yet. I am going to take pictures when I get home from work in the morning and send them to him. I personally would make it right if that had happened. As a matter of fact, I have made more expensive problems right before. But as I said, I haven't pushed it yet. I want to see if he is willing to do anything.

Ben

Thats a guaranteed win through Paypal for you. File a claim through them as Item not received or as described. Paypal will award you the money due to the seller not providing insurance or adequate packaging.

Thats a guaranteed win through Paypal for you. File a claim through them as Item not received or as described. Paypal will award you the money due to the seller not providing insurance or adequate packaging.

Not if the seller has no bucks in his PayPal account.

- OS

Well, they'll still lock his account up tighter than... well... something really tight.

Well, sometimes they leave account open so that the first money that might come into it they can grab for creditors. 'Course, this is a small potatoes claim and all...

If you use credit card through PayPal, you have more leeway.

You can just contest it with CC company.

Although you need to go through the PayPal claim first, or PP gets pissed and might close YOUR account.

- OS

I just sent him a very nice email descibing what I saw when I got home to the package. I told him very politely that I would like a refund due to the way the item was packaged. I'll see how that goes.

M16A2, that would be great. I appreciate you for offering them to me. I will send you a pm.

Ben

Update. I have been going back and forth nicely with the guy. We finally settled on a partial refund. I am ok with that. I understand the guy didn't do anything on purpose. I can at least buy most of a 50 count box of .45 with that...:)

Ben

Guest Rick O'Shay

- OS

Yup. I am out $30 from an Ebay purchase that never showed up. Paypal told me that I won the dispute and that I could collect the money from the seller. That was helpful. :)

- OS

I've had PP freeze a buyer/seller's account and pull money from their bank account if need be. Of course if the person empties their bank account then you are SOL. Thats why I always fund my PP purchases with a CC (not debit).

I've had PP freeze a buyer/seller's account and pull money from their bank account if need be....

Must have been a good long while ago. Due to lawsuits, they can't do that anymore, not for a number of years. Matter of fact, they paid some pretty big bucks in settlements and penalties, and almost got put into the normal bank regulation ranks as a result.

- OS

Must have been a good long while ago. Due to lawsuits, they can't do that anymore, not for a number of years. Matter of fact, they paid some pretty big bucks in settlements and penalties, and almost got put into the normal bank regulation ranks as a result.

- OS

Yea, its been awhile...I can't even keep up with all the new policies and fees that PP and eBay impose. The last auction I listed on eBay had a 12% FVF, plus listing fees, plus PP fees. I haven't sold anything on there since...