Comp-Tac CTAC uncomfortable

Guest JCM

Hey Guys,

I just got my Comp-Tac C-Tac holster for my Glock 26 and it is far less than comfortable. I've tried adjusting the cant and height and I've tried different positions on my belt, but the bottom of the Kydex digs into my hip.

Do any of you have experience with this holster with a Glock 26. Any advice?

I've thought about cutting the bottom inside edge of the Kydex off or padding it somehow, but it is an expensive holster and I don't want to damage it until I get some other opinions/perspective.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...or padding it somehow, but it is an expensive holster and I don't want to damage it until I get some other opinions/perspective.

I don't have that holster, but if you try the "padding" route, try a layer or two of MoleSkin. Won't hurt the holster at all and you can peel it off if it doesn't work.

- OS

Guest EasilyObsessed

Swap it out for a MTAC. I had the same problems with the CTAC, went to the MTAC instead and it is far and away more comfortable.

Give Comp-Tac a call, their customer service is fantastic.

i love my CTAC, i think its the most comfortable IWB i've ever worn for my Glocks...

How do you wear yours? how high... what position on the belt... how much cant? Also, are you carrying a G26?

I wore mine as low as I could get it at the 4 o'clock position. It was more comfortable low than high for me, but still, not very comfortable.

I wore the thing all day and my hip has a sore spot on it.

I wear mine at about 3 O Clock. with a slight forward can, front tab is in the bottom hole, the back tab is in the middle....

Mine is comfortable. You might have to go to the MTAC.

Guest steve24
Swap it out for a MTAC. I had the same problems with the CTAC, went to the MTAC instead and it is far and away more comfortable.

Give Comp-Tac a call, their customer service is fantastic.

That's exactly what I did. I really didn't like the way the CTAC felt against my body, so I sent it back and traded for the MTAC. The MTAC is much more comfortable for me.

Guest Alpha Dog

I have an older C-TAC Shirt Tucker. I had to put some moleskin on the top portion because it was uncomfortable against my skin. Worked like a charm.

If I were buying today, I would get the M-TAC because of the leather back.

I have an older C-TAC Shirt Tucker. I had to put some moleskin on the top portion because it was uncomfortable against my skin. Worked like a charm.

If I were buying today, I would get the M-TAC because of the leather back.

It's not really rubbing my skin so much... the hard bottom edge is putting constant pressure on my hip. I'm not sure moleskin will fix it for me. I'm going to call the company on Monday and see if I can trade it for the MTAC.

Is the MTAC thicker than the CTAC?

It's not really rubbing my skin so much... the hard bottom edge is putting constant pressure on my hip. I'm not sure moleskin will fix it for me. I'm going to call the company on Monday and see if I can trade it for the MTAC.

Is the MTAC thicker than the CTAC?

That was my first thought as well--thickness. Adding moleskin or leather to the CTAC, it seems, will make the problem even worse. FWIW, my CTAC is a "slide" version--a shorter version which will hold subcompacts or full-sized guns. Thus, it is a little thinner at the bottom where normal CTACs are thicker. Mine rides kinda low with a forward cant. The top of the holster is about flush with the top of the belt, and I often forget I'm wearing it.

I wear mine at about 3 O Clock. with a slight forward can, front tab is in the bottom hole, the back tab is in the middle....

Mine is comfortable. You might have to go to the MTAC.

I set mine up like yours, but at the 4'oclock position. It is the only setup I've found that is bearable. I also bought a thin piece of leather for $6 that helps a lot. I appreciate all the comments. I think I will still try to switch to the MTAC.

I trade a little comfort for the 3 oclock position, 4 oclock is the most comfortable for me, but I don't wear cover garments, and I wear tshirts a lot on the weekend.

Well, I called the place where I bought the C-TAC and asked about trading for the MTAC. The guy on the other end of the phone tried to convince me that since the MTAC holsters are Kydex on the front side and leather on the back, that as the leather wears it gets loose and loses retention. He said his friend has one and his gun actually flops around in the MTAC holster...to the point to where it has even fallen out. Have any of you ever heard of this?

I have had my MTAC for about 1 year...I use it with my XD9sc. I wear it every weekend (I teach and cannot carry on campus) and have had no stretching or retention problems whatsoever. I believe I would have to call BS on this one.

Well, I called the place where I bought the C-TAC and asked about trading for the MTAC. The guy on the other end of the phone tried to convince me that since the MTAC holsters are Kydex on the front side and leather on the back, that as the leather wears it gets loose and loses retention. He said his friend has one and his gun actually flops around in the MTAC holster...to the point to where it has even fallen out. Have any of you ever heard of this?

I can't say for sure, since I still have the CTAC, but there are plenty of folks on here that I would be willing to bet that no one has had this problem. Comp Tac seems to be a stand up company and builds quality stuff.

BS.:eek: The Leather part is forced against the gun by your body which pushes it into the formed Kydex part of the holster. The only way it could get loose is if you were to low ride you pants, but then you would have more than a gun flopping around to worry about!:P

BTW mine was very uncomfortable as well. I Dremeled the top edges down to where it fit the gun profile better and it was much more comfortable. That was with a fullsize XD.

Edited by Smith