sat. feb. 14th. aka Valentines Day.

Daniel

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RISC777
Well, I just scored a pair of Oakley "Gascan" sunglasses, the Ducati edition...

Ducatis are . . . the best. (Italy has a way with metal - cars and bikes. Though, Ireland has it in the female department.)

Wife and I promised each other no gifts. She thinks it's a scheme for businesses to make money and nothing else. I wasn't even to get her a single rose or card.

She did make me a ham. So it's not always fair. (I love pig.)

Regardless of the date, I will find a way to skirt the "we're not getting each other anything."

Short on money these days? pfft Who cares. 21+ years putting up with me? She gets something as a "reward." heh

we just got back from our Valentines Day celebration. Our wedding anniversary is the 20th so we combined both into one this year.

Went to Gatlinburg yesterday. Got a nice room on the parkway right in town.

We walked around town a bit. I love the two sauce stores in town. You get to walk through and sample near everything they sell. Bought a few jars of salsa and red pepper dip.

Went back to the room to chill for a bit before going out to dinner. Had a few adult beverages then went to Howard's for dinner. We had the "Steak for Two" dinner. Which was a 20 oz T-Bone and a 12 ounce sirloin tip. oofah, it might have been the best steak dinner I have ever had. I even went back out at about 10:00 or so to get dessert from Calhouns. It was called chocolate cake but it was more than just cake. Got it to-go, it included a hunk of chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate syrup. The wife nuked the cake, poured the syrup on it and we shared. it was freaking good!

Checked out of the hotel this morning and went to Cades Cove. Just did the drive thing through there with one short hike. It was a lot of fun.

Stopped at Smoky Mtn Knifeworks on the way back home. I got a new blade for work as well as an inert pineapple grenade.

Great weekend (though we went a little over budget) and I am off the hook for the anniversary now too!!

So POAK, how did that no gift thing work out for you? POAK? POAK?...........

Well, I woke up in the middle of the night with a gun pointed in my face only to hear a "CLICK"... good thing I had the foresight to load my guns up with Snap Caps...

Haha, but seriously, it actually worked out quite well. I've got an excellent gifting history though, so I guess I have some bonus points built up :D

Guest jackdog

The wife Has been hanging on me all day. (Hey kind like being kids again).

She's off again tomorrow so I hope I survive the third day. Well if I don't at least my grin will be permanent.

Guest Rick O'Shay
Depends on several factors really. Her level of expectation on receiving a gift + her current position in her monthly cycle x what kind of days she's had - her proximity to a firearm= Y

Hmmm.... Very astute for one so young. Where did you receive your training young Master?

:)

Hmmm.... Very astute for one so young. Where did you receive your training young Master?

:)

Was raised by my Mom. Parents got divorced when I was 6, so there were alot of boyfriends and Valentine's Days growing up. Mom was a country chick, Mom knew how to shoot, Mom wanted diamonds, she got Russell Stover's.

You have any idea how hard it is to lug a grown man to the "bad gift hole" at 10 years old?!! :rock:

I was given gift certificates to Outback and the movies so we went Thursday. (my day off). Ate well and then saw Taken. Earlier that afternoon took my 5 yr old daughter out to Chuck E. Cheese and for ice cream for our "date". Friday I had my "special day" with my 2 yr old son and we went to Chick-Fil-a (he likes the playground). He also like to ride in the "big" seat in the truck. Saturday took my 4 yr old son to the train show for his "special day". Was a great weekend!