Sliders

poak

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a Netflix on demand box, and I've been watching some of "Sliders" 1st season today. Anybody else ever watch this show?

I remember watching the 1st season and thougth is was pretty good. Kinda slacked off after that cause 2nd season wasn't so.

Thought this would be a White Castle vs. Krystal thread .vs. Billy Mayes Big City Sliders.

If you wanta get started, Krystals are far superior (and TN based). They have Mustard! :death:

Plus it's hard to build pyramids out of White Castle boxes.

But the Castle does have some good Rings!

Edited by Garufa

What the heck is the Sliders poak talks about?

It was a sci-fi show from about the mid 90s (I think)...

The star of the show was a physics student that accidentally discovered a way to travel through time via string theory (or some other physics blah blah) :death:

Anywho, they end up traveling to parallel earths (one where the summer of love never ended, one where communism engulfed the US, one seeming utopia that was actually controlled by a "lottery" which killed it's winners, i.e. Shirley Jackson).

It's an entertaining show, but I could certainly see how the concept would run out of steam pretty quickly... not sure how many seasons were created in all.

...and Krystals completely owns White Castle.

Guest 70below

yeah, I used to like the show until it got pretty tired. Good premise, and really there are a ton of ideas they could have used, I think some of the writers from the first season must have left or something.

Mmmmmm.....Krystals......Sounds like a good Valentines Day lunch for me and the little lady! :-D

Guest abailey362

same thoughts about small processed beef patties....mmmmmmmmm

but on the tv side, we own i think the complete series, but don't know that i've ever really watched any of it.

i don't recall that show at all. Of course senility means everything is new everyday.

I ain't so senile though to even think for a minute a Kystal mustard burger can be in the same league as a White Castle.

I don't recall ever seeing an episode in which they traveled to an alternate dimension where White Castle was superior to Krystal...:death:

I don't know what this "show" ya'll keep talking about, but I could eat me a half dozen Krystal's with cheese. White Castle, they are in my grocer's freezer. I'm going with Krystal.

Guest Astra900
no sh... err kidding. Got me all excited!

Thought this would be a White Castle vs. Krystal thread .vs. Billy Mayes Big City Sliders. :tinfoil:

What the heck is the Sliders poak talks about?

i don't recall that show at all. Of course senility means everything is new everyday.

I ain't so senile though to even think for a minute a Kystal mustard burger can be in the same league as a White Castle.

It's a scifi show starring the fat kid from Stand By Me.:D Who is now banging John Stamos's ex old lady.