carry gun

Guest tbllyons

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard good things about the Stoeger Cougars. Some have even said the fit and finish is better than that of the original Beretta Cougars. Anywho, Guns and Leather had a few in the case last time I was there, and I want to say they were right at $400. Of course, you could always get yourself a police trade in 3rd gen S&W or a P225.

I'll recommend the M&P9compact. My wife recently bought one used and

I most confess I am more than impressed with it. Shoots great, nice trigger, easy

for her to hit with, slim, light holds a standard 12rd magazine but you can put the standard 17rd one in it for the range or around the house. Just sticks out a little.

Worth at least picking up and looking at. (IMHO)

I am looking for a good but affordable 9mm for a carry gun. Any ideas?

Apparently being where you are about a year ago myself, I recommend you initially look at the following three: research, compare all features, go hold them and of course shoot if possible. These are perhaps the most popular of 9mm carry weapons for some time now. And of course, there are are a number of very good reasons for that.

- Springfield XD 9 subcompact

- Glock 26

- Smith & Wesson M&P Compact 9

There are cheaper guns available - your choice depends on how you judge the relative value of things (including your life)..

- OS

I've heard good things about the Stoeger Cougars.

I have heard the same and that they are comparable to the Beretta Cougar. I understand it is the same gun only a different logo on the grips.

Some have even said the fit and finish is better than that of the original Beretta Cougars.

Not true, not better. I have a Beretta Cougar 8045F and it is very fine. :tough:

Guest MisterJimmy
Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact...I carried mine for a while, I only gave it up because it was a 9mm. Otherwise, an awesome pistol for the $$$.

Second this. One of the best deals around. I've seen them lately for under $300.00. Search the web for reviews.