Oil prices

Guest m&pc9

Guest 70below
Yeah, cause that all worked out so well for us a few months ago when gas was $4 a gallon and the government and media were damning SUV owners for driving their big ole gas guzzling vehicles. Hybrid cars became VERY hard to find because everybody thought they would recoup their investment with the the extra 5-10 MPG (:tinfoil:). Now that everybody has been thru the stages of carpooling, trading in those big demon SUV's (which has flooded the markets and aided in plummeting the used truck and SUV prices), and cutting back on ALL extra curicular travel, the wonderful federal commission now wants to double the gas taxes because they aren't getting enough.

Yep, I'm ready to trade in both of my paid off gas guzzlers for a monthly car payment and $2 more in my pocket when I fill up.

I agree with you for the most part, but that was a knee jerk panic reaction to $4.00 a gallon......I'm not talking about that.....I'm talking about complaining right now about $1.78 a gallon....or a couple years ago about complaining about $1.23 a gallon. If, instead of complaining back then, or now, about the price and saved where we could, or bought a $1000 fuel efficient beater for toolin around or cruising back and forth on the 40 mile round trip so we could "afford" the long family camping excursion. A big ol truck or SUV has its advantages, but it has its disadvantages too. If you feel the benefits outweigh the costs, then go hog wild, but don't complain about it on the backside or when gas prices shoot up to $4.00 again (it will happen, just a matter of time). When gas shot up to $4-5 a gallon, I could have paid for a $1000 car in 4 or 5 months with the fuel difference.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic