Anyone own/shot a Sig 250?

Guest CK1

was looking at a Sig 250 compact today and was wondering what any thoughts are about them?

the take down lever is just about right where my support hand thumb goes, but other than that i liked it's feel/proportions...

checked it out at an academy store (trigger locks on all the guns), so wondering if the trigger is similar to h&k's LEM (good) or a different DAO feel?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wondering if the trigger is similar to h&k's LEM (good) or a different DAO feel?

watched a couple videos on youtube that answered my own question...

HELL NO! ...not like a LEM (or DAK for that matter), S**TY, someone should let Sig know that if someone wanted a long pull DAO revolver trigger with a long-as-hell reset, they'd just get a revolver...

Guest malbolja

I own a P250 and I'm quite happy with it. The trigger takes some getting used to, but it's very light and very smooth. The pistol is accurate and I've had very little trouble with it.

I own a P250 and I'm quite happy with it. The trigger takes some getting used to, but it's very light and very smooth. The pistol is accurate and I've had very little trouble with it.

that's cool, different strokes for different folks.... that triggers not for me.

if it were like a LEM, i'd get one...

Guest malbolja

I've never tried an LEM. I had a DAK 229 for a bit but didn't care for it. The P250 was an impulse buy, but one that turned out well.

OTOH, I don't think I would buy another based on the # of people who have had problems with theirs (I should have mentioned that in my first post) - mainly light primer strikes, but some extractor issues as well. I think the number is low if expressed as a percentage of P250 owners, but it's still unacceptably high for a Sig, IMO.

I think SIG has lost their way in the last few years. It's as if they can't figure out a way to follow the classic series guns. For me, they haven't come close to the perfection of a P220, P226 or P228. Probably never will.

Ron Cohen is their "new" CEO. He came over from Kimber where he was the "GM". That's the reason for all the "Kimber like" (Equinox, SASS) models and bazillions of variations of all models.

I personally think they are really messing up their base by trying to be all things to all people, in reality only their more "classic" models sell rapidly and reliably.

...and are known for great triggers...

True.

But in all fairness the 250 has been selling as fast as we can get them in and we do have both a .40 and a 9mm 250 in the rental case and they're the prime reason for the sales. People try them out and end up buying them.

Had many 229, 239 and even a few 220s traded in on them.

I mean, really. They're defensive guns. They're not meant to be used on the range as target guns by prim and proper types. They're for when you absolutely need to put someone out of their misery.

True.

But in all fairness the 250 has been selling as fast as we can get them in and we do have both a .40 and a 9mm 250 in the rental case and they're the prime reason for the sales. People try them out and end up buying them.

Had many 229, 239 and even a few 220s traded in on them.

I mean, really. They're defensive guns. They're not meant to be used on the range as target guns by prim and proper types. They're for when you absolutely need to put someone out of their misery.

i think the whole modular frame/caliber thing is smart, and for me, the thing i've never cared for about sigs is how all the controls are arranged and so close together for me (i always end up pushing the decocker when i want the slide to release, or pushing the slide release to decock... sig dyslexia).

i honestly just assumed since it's a sig, it had to have some type of LEM trigger type thing...

i know they're just defensive guns, and maybe they sell, but c'mon, i mean man, with a good trigger that gun would be a real winner.

I bought one for the wife and she loves it. The trigger does have a long pull but it is SMOOTH. The long reset takes some getting used to, but even the long reset you are able to fire very rapidly and accurately because it is so smooth. The ability to practice with cheaper 9mm ammo and carry a 40 cal, with the same trigger feel is great.

I still love my 226.

Guest 70below

Unfortunately, I think about 80% of failed pistols, died because of crappy triggers.....look how many made it on the market that STILL had crappy triggers. For me, if the Kahr CW and P series pistols had better triggers I'd probably have bought 3 of them. Of course, many people love 'em as they are, so I guess its more my issue than theirs.