RK show in franklin

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this worth showing up to? Went to the show last month in Smyrna. Figured I could kill sometime in the morning before going to the hockey game.

Funny, that's the exact same thing I plan on doing. Going down with a buddy tomorrow, probably show up around 11:00. The last one I went to in Franklin was several months ago (pre-election). I'm not planning to buy anything, but you know how that goes. I mainly want to handle some of the guns I'm thinking about buying for a new primary carry.

hey ive never been to a gun show before so excuse my ignorance but do they do background checks on you? also do they take trades or is it strictly buying from the vendors?

If you buy from a dealer, it is exactly like buying from a gun store. They do the background check, the form, etc. If you buy from an individual, it's just like you bought one from an average guy.

Not sure what you mean by 'take trades' Some dealers will, some won't. You can bring a gun in and carry it around, and either sell or trade it to someone, if you want. You don't have to be a licensed dealer to sell or trade.

Guest TUNER260
hey ive never been to a gun show before so excuse my ignorance but do they do background checks on you? also do they take trades or is it strictly buying from the vendors?

Yes they do background checks and some vendors will trade depending on what you have but they usually wont give you what you want for it. It is better to sell the gun to somebody then use that money for your purchase. You can probably sell it to an regular person at the show.

ill be out there with a friend who is looking for a glock or a springfield for his first handgun. I just got my saiga12 so ill probably just pick up a mosin nagant 91/30 if any are laying out. But then again who knows.

not quite sure what you mean by this...

It was supposed to be a joke. I guess humor is slighlty difficult to convey via the Internet without using the :drool:/B)/:drool:

Or, maybe it just wasn't as funy as it sounded in my head.

With that being said, I guess the girlfriend and I will make the trek out to the show.

I just got back from the show. Pulled up about 10:00, and the line was VERY long.

I passed up a great deal on a Marine Magnum, and kinda kick myself in the butt for it. I am looking for a Marine Magnum with a barrel that's the same length as the magazine tube (this one had a barrel about 1/2" shorter than the mag tube), so I passed on it in hopes I'd find exactly what I was looking for. I didn't, and by the time I came back to the booth, someone beat me to it. Oh well, still on the hunt.

BTW, they charged only $3 for my 9 year old daughter. Not bad.

I got back from the Expo in Franklin. Just as predicted....nothing really of interest. Ammo sales are still jacked up....that probably why there were so many cases still sitting there mid day.

I figure it's like going to the museum, $10 to look around. A little history and some education. :tinfoil:

found a 91/30 mosin nagant for 110 bucks there in really superb condition. thats all i came home with. Now to clean off all the cosmoline.

Friend picked up a really nice springfield xdm 9mm though. Wish my wife would let me get a handgun. :tough: