Interesting things with FFL apps...

So...started the process back in November to try and acquire my FFL...so the first step of course would be to submit an application, right? Well.....after two attempts with the ATF's "online distribution center" and multiple phone calls to try and get an app... 3 months later nothing, I decided to contact the local ATF office to see what is up. They said that they were (the distribution center) moving offices and gave a phone number to call. Called the number and they stated "we'll get that right out to you"....so, four weeks later I call again. "We are out of the forms" was what I was told..."we should have them in on Friday"...now two weeks later and I called the local office again. "Yea, everyone is out of the applications...we don't know what is up with those D.C. folks...we have been out for a while and don't know when more will be available"...is it just me or does this smell a little funny?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are out of just about all forms, including 4473s, which they are allowing us to photocopy until they can get it together enough to print some more off.

I wonder, is this the new version of "gun control?"

I've asked for FFL application, NFA fingerprint cards, FFL fingerprint cards, 4473 and just about all the NFA forms. Nothing.

Guest 70below
I got my C&R application in the mail yesterday, and I requested it about 5 weeks ago.

What's involved with getting an 03FFL? I mean, besides filling out an application.

About $30 bucks

Do you have to have a brick and mortar store front? I've heard that it's actually pretty hard to get a so-called "home FFL".

Remember that a C&R license is a collector license. It is not a license to be a firearms dealer. You are considered to be a private collector. You do not need a storefront.

Guest bkelm18
I got my C&R application in the mail yesterday, and I requested it about 5 weeks ago.

What's involved with getting an 03FFL? I mean, besides filling out an application.

Just mail it in with your $30, mail a copy to your Chief LEO (it's just a notification, it does not require his/her approval), and then you wait. 4-8 wks later you should get it in the mail. You do not need a storefront as it is not a license to deal in firearms, only to collect in firearms.

:D

Update from the earlier posts...called ATF AGAIN today....."I see we have your name in the system...we should be getting it out to you shortly"...I told them I was told that numerous times, had requested the docs via the "online distribution center" and need to know what the hold-up is. "Sir, we will get you a form when they are made available"...answers a question for me....they are available....just not being released...She said that it might be next week and I had mentioned that it has been going on since November...she took my name, address, phone number...and then politely hung up on me....I have a feeling that this is never going to happen....