One of these days, there's going to be a dead dog out here.

Guest GUTTERbOY

No one has still answered the question way back from page 1. If you killed a dog to defend yourself what charge would go on your record? I you killed someone in self defense what charge would go on your record? Correct me here, but if the local DA decides not to press charges then your record should still be clean. Your fingerprints are already in the system so if they print you again in your 24 hours in jail so what.

Anyone?

x===========x===========x============x==============x===========x=====

Tn law allows you to put down an animal that is threatening you or your family. Call the cops get a report on a visious dog. They will try and identify the owners but if you have to defend yourself you will have a record.

x=========x==========x============x=============x===========

If this is the question from page one I think it was to report the animal as dangerous so you have a record of reporting a dangerous animal, not you getting a record.

This is my take on the thread, anyway.

oldogy

Edited by oldogy
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Traumaslave
No one has still answered the question way back from page 1. If you killed a dog to defend yourself what charge would go on your record? I you killed someone in self defense what charge would go on your record? Correct me here, but if the local DA decides not to press charges then your record should still be clean. Your fingerprints are already in the system so if they print you again in your 24 hours in jail so what.

Anyone?

x===========x===========x============x==============x===========x=====

Tn law allows you to put down an animal that is threatening you or your family. Call the cops get a report on a visious dog. They will try and identify the owners but if you have to defend yourself you will have a record.

x=========x==========x============x=============x===========

If this is the question from page one I think it was to report the animal as dangerous so you have a record of reporting a dangerous animal, not you getting a record.

This is my take on the thread, anyway.

oldogy

For God's sake man,,,,,

"If you killed a dog to defend yourself " there is nothing that would go on your record. Can it be said more plainly?

"If you killed someone in self defense" there is nothing that would go on your record. Again, it can't be said any other way.

Yes, if they print you there is nothing you can do about that but, THERE WILL BE NOTHING ON YOUR RECORD.

To file a report about a visious dog creates a "record" / paper trail. Not something to go on YOUR RECORD.

Guest JeepMonkey
Yes, if they print you there is nothing you can do about that but, THERE WILL BE NOTHING ON YOUR RECORD.
...and that already happened when you applied for the HCP. It's not like someone in LE doesn't already have a set of your prints.

I'll put it like this: it's like getting out of a speeding ticket. Sure, you could have been speeding, but it's not on your record.

Edited by JeepMonkey
Wordage

Anyone?

/quote]

I suppose you could be charged with cruelty to animals, discharging a weapon in a city limits, that sort of thing. Is that what you mean?

If the charges were dismissed or you are exonerated, I assume you are worried that the charges would be a "record." I believe that if you are concerned about a charge which results in exoneration, the charges could be expunged, wiped off the books, so that you could say you have never been "charged" with a crime.

You are asking a rather complicated and technical legal question which is not really suited to a forum.

Don't use paint balls on dogs. It can come back later in a civil suit that you "provoked or teased" the dog leading it to attack. It's BS but you don't really want to leave a trail of accelerating conflict here. First time speak to owner (who will probably be as mean as dog!) Second time call the Local Authority (whoever or whatever is responsible for animals) and make sure that you note date, time, name of person you talked to and content of complaint. Make a written complaint if possible (paper trail for CYA.) After that you have to play it by ear, but don't take any undue chances, especially if children are involved. Dogs do hurt and on occasion kill people!

I live in a semi-rural area and the dogs here run free. All of the dogs in our area know everybody and belong to everybody, so no problems. I have noticed an occasional aggressive dog appears but they also seem to disappear soon after. (No I don't shoot them, I like dogs. But I also don't go ballistic over the sound of a shotgun or .22 rifle in the night!)

My experience has been that friendly neighborhoods seem to have friendly dogs and vice versa for mean neighborhoods.