Casing or Paranoid

Guest nraforlife

Guest nraforlife

Last night, 8 Feb 2009, the queen, our dog, needed to take a late night 2230 potty break.

So being the kind hearted man I am I let the wife sleep and I got dressed and took her highness out for a leisurely stroll through our small, less than 50 units, West Knoxville townhouse community.

Now, while I was walking north there comes a semi beat up POS vehicle with one headlight out and no lit/visible license plate was slowly driving south. Let me add that this community is 1) somewhat upper middle aged, 2) somewhat upper middle class, 3) entrance is marked private entrance and 4) 10% of the residences are vacant as the owners are out of town. The driver and passenger were Americans of African descent.

Later - 10 mins - as I turned around and headed home this same car passed me slowly heading in the opposite direction.

Now, I DO NOT LEAVE home without CEL phone, HCP, and a firearm of some sort and last night it was REAL comforting feelig my 40c on my waist.

Question paranoid or casing the units?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nraforlife
I'd say casing. Keep an eye out. Next time wave at them and yell something friendly.

"Hey can I help you gentlemen find something?!" It's non-confrontational and it lets them know they've been noticed. If they are up to no good they'll more than likely leave.

Guess ' What the frick are you looking for' wouldn't work now would it.

Guest bkelm18

Yeah that'll work. Be sure to toss in some racial slurs as well.

I kid I kid.

Acknowledging them will hopefully make them think twice about doing anything illegal. If your phone has a camera, maybe snap a pic or two next time.

Guest JeepMonkey

My aunt and uncle live in Florida for the winter, so I keep an eye on their house while I'm here at UTK. We had a similar situation in their neighborhood up in Powell, although they were walking around the neighborhood looking for excess newspapers, phone books on porches, etc. They came back one day and the neighbors informed me they were on our street, so I went up there and did some work on my Jeep in the driveway...while blatantly OC'ing the SP101. My 12ga. was in the rack in the back window of my uncle's Dakota too.

Needless to say, nobody has seen them since in the neighborhood. :shrug:

Edited by JeepMonkey

That'd probably work fine too lol

Go all Burn Notice on them and start talking into your watch and then snap a couple flash pics of there license plate. They'll either think you are nuts or you have the most high-tech neighborhood watch in the state.

Guest Boomhower
Go all Burn Notice on them and start talking into your watch and then snap a couple flash pics of there license plate. They'll either think you are nuts or you have the most high-tech neighborhood watch in the state.

:cool::lol: I'd love to see that reaction!

:cool::lol: I'd love to see that reaction!

I forgot to tell him to narrate while he does it too.

"The thing about making people not want to mess with you or the area your in is to instill fear. Make them think you are better equipped and prepared than they are. A cheap earpiece and a camera with a really bright flash should do the trick." :death:

Guest JeepMonkey
I forgot to tell him to narrate while he does it too.

"The thing about making people not want to mess with you or the area your in is to instill fear. Make them think you are better equipped and prepared than they are. A cheap earpiece and a camera with a really bright flash should do the trick." :D

Just double check you've got one in the pipe beforehand...just in case.

I know I lived out in Karns for two years and there were some guys that were hitting neighborhoods like that. They usually had a woman with them too. She would knock on the door trying to get help and when you opened the door they came busting in from the sides. Always middle upper class and always people who are a bit older.They beat a few old people pretty bad, but it never made the news. The only reason I found out about it was my wife's grandpa was in charge of securitiy and had a few sheriffs deputys working there. I've only been out of there for about five months so they may still be around.

Guest bkelm18
I know I lived out in Karns for two years and there were some guys that were hitting neighborhoods like that. They usually had a woman with them too. She would knock on the door trying to get help and when you opened the door they came busting in from the sides. Always middle upper class and always people who are a bit older.They beat a few old people pretty bad, but it never made the news. The only reason I found out about it was my wife's grandpa was in charge of securitiy and had a few sheriffs deputys working there. I've only been out of there for about five months so they may still be around.

I recall a story in the news maybe about a year ago that a home invader was shot and killed in Karns. Maybe they got 'em.

Guest nraforlife
I'd have to go with casing.

Didn't take any pics with your cell phone or get the plate number by any chance did ya?

Could come in handy if something goes down in the coming days.....

Plates were NOT visible....

Guest offroader1994

"Have you ever met somebody that you really should not mess with? Thats me! What are you Sp**ks doing?" Walk the dog while you carry a M1 Garand. I love that movie.

That'd probably work fine too lol

Now thats the move.

"Red Team Go, Red Team Go"

You should have rushed back into your apartment making sure that you didn't look at them or scare them so that they could possibly flee and hurt themselves....... :)

Rly, sounds like they were casing and what everyone has said.

Do you have a n'hood watch? If so, send out a message to everyone to keep on the look out for the type of car, etc. If they are casing, odds are they are not only looking late at night, but during the day too.