Kent Williams stripped of GOP affiliation

My understanding is that they love him in his district, at least that is what the Tennessean reported the Carter County GOP leader intimated. The county leader stated he understood why the state party did what they did, but that the local Republicans were pleased with Williams and wish the state leadership had consulted them about their feelings toward Williams before ousting him. Whether this is simply the warm afterglow of "favorite-son-done-good" or something more substantial, I have no idea.

That is the impression I got from what I've seen as well.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. I was hoping they would be angry, and vote him out in the next election. Looks like that won't be the case. :-\

Probably not, but I wouldn't count on him being speaker again.

Since he is not a republican anymore, if they have a majority, they are not going to nominate or vote for him.

If the democrats have a clear majority...well I'll give you 3 guess who will be elected speaker and 2 of them don't count.

it might be the core issue as expressed by the Republican party. But I firmly believe the Repubs are just mad that they got one upped in their first chance to be in charge. And they were still in charge, but acting like 10 year olds cause their handpicked boy got slapped down.

I guess we will know how his constituents feel next time he runs.

Personally I like a guy who is a free thinker.

Free thinker? He said he would vote for the GOP nominee. He then voted for someone else. IOW, he flat out lied about his intentions. He then split the various leadership/committees. Contrary to your assertion, the GOP wasn't in charge. Personally, I'm very glad he's gone. It's about time the GOP decided to drop the moderates and liberals. EVERY time the GOP leaves it's conservative roots it gets slapped down. This isn't hard to understand (see Dole & McCain & Bush41).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GLOCKGUY

I email Kent Williams the day he became Speaker of the House and congratulated him and told him how I felt about the last guy that was Speaker and told him I hope he lets more gun bills go to the floor. Heres the email i got back from him today.

Thanks, Tony. I appreciate your support. I assure you it will be people first and political caucuses second. We are moving forward in a bipartisan way. We must do what is best for the people of Carter County and Tennessee.

Again, thank you for congratulating me. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please be in touch.

Sincerely,

Kent Williams

Speaker of the House of Representatives

Carter County

House District 4

State of Tennessee

I email Kent Williams the day he became Speaker of the House and congratulated him and told him how I felt about the last guy that was Speaker and told him I hope he lets more gun bills go to the floor. Heres the email i got back from him today.

Thanks, Tony. I appreciate your support. I assure you it will be people first and political caucuses second. We are moving forward in a bipartisan way. We must do what is best for the people of Carter County and Tennessee.

Again, thank you for congratulating me. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please be in touch.

Sincerely,

Kent Williams

Speaker of the House of Representatives

Carter County

House District 4

State of Tennessee

Glockguy: EXCELLENT POINT!

Whether or not anyone likes Kent Williams, the major question about him is this: WILL HE ALLOW BILLS TO LEAVE COMMITTEE AND GET VOTED ON?

This is what Naifeh would NOT do . . .

My opinion of Kent Williams is on this point alone: if he does not allow votes on issues, he is Naifeh Jr.

Time will tell . . .

Guest mustangdave

I'm taking a "wait and see" approach on this guy. Do I like that he pulled a FAST ONE...no. He is after all..a politican. and you know what they say about politican's and lying...if his lips are movin'...he's lyin'