Springfield xd9 Subcompact

Guest m-winters

Guest m-winters

I have a friend that owns a Springfield xd9 Subcompact. I want to purchase it but I need to do my homework and this is where I'm starting. I'm not sure how many rounds have been through it. But I would like to know what people think about them and a usual price for the used ones.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...But I would like to know what people think about them ...

My EDC for about 6 months now. And I mean everyday (see avatar). Kahr in the pocket once in a while if dress clothes, other wise it's the XD SC.

Super pistola, have maybe 650 through mine, eats absolutely everything.

Chunky little feller, bout same dimensions as Glock 26, thick little sucker and fairly heavy for the size, but built like a tank and I got acclimated to it quickly.

Really like the grip safety, zero stress for reholstering without looking. Tactile loaded chamber and cocked indicators are nice...

Bought a XD Service 9 for house gun, too. The subbie is essentially just as accurate. Lots of folks run Pearce pinkie extension on the subbie short mag for carry, but I found it added extra print, so just learned to shoot it with pinkie curled under, carry extra 16 round mag backup.

Bkelm probably about right for used....never seen one new around here for less than 485 new, generally right at 500 best price new.

Want to read up in depth suggest xdforums.com

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest Ctucciar

Have 350 rounds through mine and has functioned flawlessly. Bought it back in December and paid around $550 OTD. Great pistol. Going to take my permit class with it on saturday.

My EDC is the XD40 4" Service Model, and it's been amazing. After I get my "I just gotta have it" guns out of the way, I plan on buying a 9mm and .45 to go along with the .40 I already have. To me, it's a perfect fit for my hands.

If it's a comfortable fit for you and the price is right, by all means buy it.

I had one for a while. 100% reliable and surprisingly accurate for such a small pistol. Resale has dropped off sharply since the "M" was introduced.

Well, maybe.

But the XD subbies have been so popular during the Obama buying frenzy, they seem fairly tough to score even new right now.

- OS

• 6 months later...

I have an XD9SC as well. After I bought that I got the XD40 Service which I then traded for an XDM40.

The XD9SC is very easy to shoot, and I too have not had a failure in probably just over 1,000 rounds. I pay no attention to what ammo I use for target shooting. I have fired everything from 115 grain to 165 grain though it without a single malfunction. It's pretty darn accurate - surprisingly so for a SC gun.

The only complaint you might have is, if you really love a Glock trigger, this trigger will feel pretty mushy, and the trigger reset is about twice the Glock's. Or you can look at the bright side. It pulls very smooth, and in my opinion can be an asset as far as accuracy goes.

Otherwise, what has been stated about the striker indicator and the chamber full indicator, are both nice features. When you combine that with the grip safety and trigger safety, it makes for a very nice and safe gun. I definitely would recommend it unless you just have to have that Glock trigger. If so, well, get a Glock.

Guest Rugerman

They are nice guns, but way too thick for my tastes. I think a lot of people disregard thickness as a carry factor. I am fairly IWB dedicated and find thickness to be one of the key factors to concealment.

They are nice guns, but way too thick for my tastes. I think a lot of people disregard thickness as a carry factor. I am fairly IWB dedicated and find thickness to be one of the key factors to concealment.

Glock, CZ, M&P, XD, others, all within .15" thickness of each other at their widest points.

Unless you go with a single stack semi-auto, it's the price ya pay for cartridge capacity.

- OS

Guest Rugerman
Glock, CZ, M&P, XD, others, all within .15" thickness of each other at their widest points.

Unless you go with a single stack semi-auto, it's the price ya pay for cartridge capacity.

- OS

For concealed carry, I am single stack all the way.