Armalite AR24

glockster157

Picked up a AR24 this weekend, good looking thing it is too. I have had several CZ75/PO1's and like them all. Every time I part with one I wind up regretting it as I have a hard time finding a full size 9mm that shoots as well or reliably and still fits the hand so well. That being said, I hope I can hang on to this one and I have learned my lesson if it shoots like the CZ's.

Anybody had one of these before?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran a couple of mags thru it today just to function test it. Shot fine, I am a little rusty though. Been focusing on the 22 rifles lately. Trigger was a little stiff, Shot a little under point of aim but that could have been my load. I will do a actual sand bagged 25 yard test as soon as I get my new glasses. I can't see a blame thing anymore and I am just turning 47. Either I have to get some good glasses or I am going to have to scope it.....:D

Guest Mugster

I'm a little worried about the same thing.

The actual target itself can help a good deal. Number 10142 on this page is pretty good for 25 yards on the handgun. The white bullseye in the middle of the black ring is seeable:

http://www.targetz.com/targets10.htm

I print off 1 and swing by kinko's. I think its $7.50 a hundred, something like. Saves your ink.

I print off 1 and swing by kinko's. I think its $7.50 a hundred, something like. Saves your ink.

Save yourself and buy a Laser. You can get them cheap now, look for a good HP as you can get rebuilt toner cartridges for half of what other brands go for. I bought a Laserjet 4100N for 40 bucks and have already printed several thousand pages with the toner that came in it.

I am sorry for the thread drift but I print a lot of targets....and I will be trying this one also.

Now, back to the Armalite. I will say after taking it apart and cleaning it tonight, it is the best built CZ75 I have ever had. There are no tool marks anywhere and it comes apart and goes back together effortlessly. Everything is fitted perfectly.

Every time I part with one I wind up regretting it as I have a hard time finding a full size 9mm that shoots as well or reliably and still fits the hand so well. That being said, I hope I can hang on to this one and I have learned my lesson if it shoots like the CZ's.

I have the same problem with the Witness pistols. I prefer them even to the CZ's. All of the CZ75 style pistols are very comfortable to shoot. I think the Armalite is a cousin of the Witness pistols with some of it's parts being made by Tanfoglio. The internal design seems to be more Witness than CZ75 which imho is better.

Guest Mugster
Save yourself and buy a Laser. You can get them cheap now, look for a good HP as you can get rebuilt toner cartridges for half of what other brands go for. I bought a Laserjet 4100N for 40 bucks and have already printed several thousand pages with the toner that came in it.

I am sorry for the thread drift but I print a lot of targets....and I will be trying this one also.

Now, back to the Armalite. I will say after taking it apart and cleaning it tonight, it is the best built CZ75 I have ever had. There are no tool marks anywhere and it comes apart and goes back together effortlessly. Everything is fitted perfectly.

Would a 1911/hi-power kind of guy be happy with the feel of it? That is the question. They feel pretty good, but thats not shooting one.

I hear you on the laser, and might do that sooner or later.

Guest Matchguy

Hey guys, I hate to be a wet blanket, but there are some things you should know about the AR 24 pistols. We discussed them at some length on another forum about a year ago. They were made by Sarsilmaz in Turkey and are a copy of the CZ with Sarsilmaz's own in-house dimensions. At that time the deal between Sarsilmaz and Armalite had just fallen through and, without a domestic sponsor, we all thought parts would be an issue in the future. We hadn't tried any Tanfogolio or CZ parts in them, so we couldn't tell if they would or would not fit, but most didn't have much confidence that they would. So if you buy one, I'd check first with Armalite and see if this is still true and if parts are available through them since their name is on them. Unless the deal is back on I'd start rounding up some common parts like extractors, firing pins, and so on.

Here's that discussion:

http://handgunsandammo.proboards36.com/index.cgi?board=Discussion&action=display&thread=713

Here's another one:

http://www.wethearmed.com/index.php/topic,658.0.html

Sorry to be a prophet of doom but I thought you should know about this.

Matchguy

Guest Mugster

I read the threads. I have to say that with all the problems EAA has had over the years, going with armalite would be a major step up. It does seem like they have it together now though. I don't know much about cz usa though.

CZ-USA went through a shaky time, but seem very stable now. The lady who is running things, Alice (I can't spell or pronounce her last name) seems to know guns and enjoy shooting them. It wasn't that long ago that a new CZ75 was under $400. Try buying one now.:rolleyes: