walther p 22

Guest sgtrutledge

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't complain about the one I shot. IT was a fun little pistol that was pretty accurate. More accurate than me, anyway. (that's not saying much, of course, with pistols)

Guest cdsusong

J have one and love it. My boys love to shoot it as well. They love the auto feel without the kick. Accurate and reliable. It is a little picky on the ammo you feed it. cycles great with Federal but hates Winchester. Easy to tear down and reassemble as long as you use the supplied plastic rod for spring alignment. I have done it without the rod but it is easier with it. I would recommend the P22 for anyone.

Guest crotalus01

I love my P-22, especially as a suppressor platform (YHM Mite). Having said that, two drawbacks I have noticed - it has (at least in my case) failure to fire issues pretty often (once per magazine average) - maybe its the ammo I am using.

The finish on the ejection side of the slide is wearing off (possibly due to only shooting suppressed?).

The laser is pretty damn accurate right out of the box, as are the iron sights. All in all I would say its a fun gun to shoot, it looks great with the laser installed (seemless looking, like the laser came manufactured to the frame), just an overall fun gun to shoot, especially as a plinker, and double that as a silencer platform. beats paying $600 for a SIG Mosquito ;)

Guest Schwarzgebrannt

I have one.

I hate the rear sight. Plastic, wobbly.

Guide rod and spring reassembly is a total PITA.

I'm only keeping it because it has my initials as the date code and because it'll make a decent suppressor host.

Guest crotalus01
When did Sig Mosquitoes go up to $600? I paid $370 for my wife's Mosquito back last year in the fall. I think the Walther was around $400-$450. I'm looking for a plinker, but not a $600 one.

I paid $250 for my Walther, I looked at a SIG Mosquito at Guns and Ammo a year or so ago and they were asking $570 for it. I have not seen the Mosquito anywhere else so I assumed that was the going price (should have known better).

And I agree 100% that reassembly is a PITA due to the way the spring is located. As a silencer platform and for plinking it is a fun little gun so the benefits outweigh the drawbacks for me.

Guest tnjimbob

Got it on a "buy it now" auction for $300 +FFL & shipping. Reverse 2-tone. A friend has the P22 and we swap them when at the range. I think the Sig is a little smoother (maybe due to the slightly larger frame), but is more finicky about ammo. The P22 I've shot eats just about anything with very few misfires and the factory laser works great.

beats paying $600 for a SIG Mosquito :)

Are you sure you aren't thinking about one of Sig's "2-Step" pistols? They're full sized 226 and 229s which come from the factory w/ a .22LR slide. Purchasing one gets you a deal on purchasing the 9mm or .40 slide for either at a later date.