Kel-Tec PF-9

Guest Len

So, I'm thinking about a very small carry pistol for various uses when hanging the Glock 19 or the Kimber CDP II on my belt is just not an option. I own a couple of J-frame snubbies, but like the idea of a flatter profile, and thus a pocket semi-auto.

I've heard many things about Kel-Tecs, but have never shot one before.

Anyone have one? If so, thoughts and comments are welcome.

Thanks!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a P3AT that I carry every day in work attire and a P11 that I usually have on me the rest of the time. Both are very reliable and fine to shoot once you learn how to work the long trigger pull. I can't find anything that compares with the size/price value of these guns.

Guest cagoodwn

I've enjoyed my P11 so far. I've got a couple hundred rounds thru it so far without any problem. Recoil is manageable. With 11 rounds it packs quite of bit of power in a small, lightweight package. It does have a very long trigger pull but I don't mind it...gives me a little piece of mind when carrying it. Accurate enough. Best thing going for the price in my opinion if u like 9mm.

Guest fastshotivy
Boy are these guns hard to find right now. If anyone has a line on a P3AT in the Knoxville area. please let me know.

Seen on at Nashville on Monday.. It was at Reload Bench...

Like mine alot. Need to practice more with it, I'm not as accurate with it as I am the XD-9. Little more kick, but great carry pistol. And yes they are hard to find so you'd better buy it if you find it.....

Generally KT will make runs of only one model at a time, so there will be sporadic shortages of one model or another at regular intervals. For a while you won't be able to find the P3AT, then the PF9, and so on and so on. They will be back on the market in a few months.

Good guns. I liked both of the ones I had. I would look for the HC model and if I couldn't find that one I would send it to Jack Fuselier and let him HC for $25.

Guest bandit1977

Bought my pf 9 a couple of months ago. and love it! I've had absolutely no issues after a couple hundred rounds. I have friends that have both the p11 and the p3at. All are good, affordable guns that are easily concealed.

Guest jackdog
My pf-9 is a great gun....but it kicks hard ,but what do you expect from a small 9mm back up gun.

I would not say that it kicks herd. It is a bit snappy. My wife loves hers. Of course she loves me to. Go figure.

They are a very nice gun for the price and quite reliable. I would highly recommend one.

Guest jackdog

Another thought that I use is if I have to use the dang thing it will most likely be taken my the police. depending on the whim of the department I may not get it back. So cost of the firearm is important to me. Kel tec Pf 9 versus khar at price point is a no brainer.

Guest gunslinger707
Another thought that I use is if I have to use the dang thing it will most likely be taken my the police. depending on the whim of the department I may not get it back. So cost of the firearm is important to me. Kel tec Pf 9 versus khar at price point is a no brainer.

Exactly !!!

Guest TNMedved

Does anyone know if any place in East Tennessee (hopefully not too far from Knoxville) is selling PF9s right now? I have only seen them for sale on gunbroker.com recently...

Thanks!

Last time I was at Sevier Indoor Range he had a new one priced at $279 if I recall correctly. That was a little over a week ago. Give them a call and check if you don't find one in Knox. 865-774-6111 after 11 a.m.